Unspoken Thing ~Peter Quill~ *Fluff*

Peter Quill and I have been best friends since Yundo captured both of us when we were children. Quill protected me from the crew because I was the only female on the ship when we were kids. So when Quill left to do his own thing I, of course, went with him.  Over the years of doing jobs with him, I had grown feelings for him. But he didn't feel the same since nearly every night he brought home a new woman. I was asleep in bed when I heard one of my favorite songs playing from the kitchen area of the ship. I climbed out of bed and put on my booty shorts that me pajama shirt hid. My pajama shirt was one of Quill's old shirts. I sleepily made my way to the kitchen and saw Quill there making breakfast with his shirt off. He turned and smiled at me. "Morning sleeping beauty...another beautiful day out in space," he said placing a plate of breakfast on the table as I made my way to the fridge. I got me a cup of orange juice and swayed my hips to the song as I drank my orange. "Come here..." he motioned over to him. I walked up to him thinking I did something wrong on the last job. "You're not in trouble...I'm not gonna hurt you...you know this," he said as he took my drink and placed it on the table, he took my hand and held as he placed his other hand on my hip causing me to blush.

"It's been a long time since we danced together...so let's dance..." he smiled sweetly at me, we slow danced to the song and he slowly leaned into me. Our noses brushed against each other and he was quick to try and break the gap between us. But I pulled away. "Thanks...Quill for the dance...but...I think I'm gonna go get ready for when we land on Xandar" I said clearing my throat awkwardly and walked off to my room. I closed my bedroom door and took a deep breath. 'Y/N...you fucking idiot...don't get caught up with that...you're just gonna end up like those other girls...heartbroken...' I sighed and started to change. I slid on a black tank top, a pair of black skinny jeans and my black combat boots. Then I started to do my morning stretches that I do after I get dressed, I brushed my hair, brushed my teeth and gathered up my weapons. I walked into the cockpit and sat in the co-pilot seat beside Quill. "What's the ETA?" I asked him buckling up, "about three minutes..." he said as he took us through the jump point. "Jesus...I think you meant one minute Peter" I joked as I looked at him.

We landed the Milano and then headed off. "Right...you go buy supplies...and I'll go find us a job all right," he said as I nodded and we went our separate ways as I was walking away from him I could feel eyes on me, I turned and saw him look down at the ground and then walk off. I bought the items we need and then headed back to the Milano. Quill got back as well. "All right...we're going to a place called 'Knowhere' we'll be meeting someone there who will give us the details of the job..." he said as I started putting things away in the kitchen. He climbed up the ladder and we took off. I sat down at the table and started cleaning my guns. He later joined me at the table. "So...are we gonna talk about this?" he asked as I didn't look at him, "talk about what?" I asked still not looking at him. "This...us...this unspoken thing we've got...the fact that you've had a thing for me for about two years and won't do anything about it...whatever we are...about what happened this morning...about how I was going to kiss you...but you backed away..." he finally said furrowing his eyebrows at me. I still didn't look at him, "Y/N..." he said as I continued to clean my gun ignoring me, "Y/N...look at me..." he said as I slammed my items on the table and got up.

"Don't walk away...we need to talk..." he said as he grabbed me and pinned me to the wall. "Let go of me!" I screamed at him, "why are you ignoring me?! We tell each other everything! That's what best friends do Y/N! I protected you! I'm still protecting you!" he yelled, "why?! Why are you protecting me?! You don't care about me! You never have!" I yelled at him with an angry glare. "BECAUSE I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU Y/N!" he finally yelled as his head fell. I stood there in shock his grip on my wrists loosened. "I love you..." he softly said, "I thought that if I slept with other women these feelings would go away...but...they haven't...and it's been killing me...every little thing you do makes me love you more...the way you fight...the way you dance...the way you laugh...and when you talk to me about the littlest things...I get all warm and fuzzy inside...and the only thing I hate about you right now...is that you won't do anything about this unspoken thing...I just wanna hold you...I want to call you my own...to wake up beside you every morning...and I never want to see sadness or hurt in your eyes...you're the only thing that gets me awake in the morning...I don't want that to end...so please...if there isn't an unspoken thing between us...please..." he looked me in the eyes. His green eyes with tears in them.

"Please tell me...because I can't keep going on like this...I can't keep waking up in the morning and seeing you in my old shirt with shorts on underneath...I can't keep going to sleep with you in the other room sleeping alone...you have no idea how hard I have to fight the urge to go into your room, climb in bed with you and hold you close...it's so hard Y/N..." he cried. I placed a hand on his cheek, wiped away his tears and then kissed him. It took him a moment to process what was happening, but when he did he kissed back. We pulled away and placed our foreheads together "there...I did something about the unspoken thing..." I smiled taking his hand into mine. "I love you too Quill...I just didn't do anything because I thought that I'd end up just like those other women you brought onto the ship..." I whispered. "I'd never hurt you Y/N...","I know..." I looked into his eyes and kissed him again. "There's no longer an unspoken thing..." I chuckled as he smiled.