8

I got through my first manuscript, wrote a full report on it and e-mailed it back to Hanna. Christian still sitting in the chair beside me with his bare feet resting on the edge of the bed. Hanna phone me telling me Roach wants a teleconference with me in our weekly meeting. She transferred my call to the conference room. Exchange quick pleasantries with Roach and the others in the room then got down to business.

'So I read your report on Brian Brice, Ana and I don't think it's a sensational book.'

'I have to agree, but Ford Lash is a much better pick and the plot is hip and totally fresh.'

'Indeed so is Mandy Burmeister's manuscript.'

'Absolutely.'

'Anything new you're working on?' Roach asked coming closer to the telecom device.

'Yes, I have six on the table. I'll get back to you on them later this week.'

'Excellent. Get well soon, Ana.'

'Thank you. Bye, everyone.' Then I was cut off.

'What was that?' Christian asked all intrigued stretching out on the bed beside me.

'Conference call with Roach.' I said matter-of-factly.

'Oh, what did he want?'

'We talked about new aspiring authors we consider publishing. Roach agree with me on two of the three, will be a good bet.'

'Look at you Miss Steele a big shot editor.' He said looking from his phone to me. I smiled at him warmly. He got up and gave me butterfly kisses then turn and left the room saying:

'I have to work for a bit. I'll be in my study. Get some rest. Laters baby.' And like that he was gone. I got to work on my second manuscript. An hour and a half later I was done, with my report and review report. Sending it to Hanna via e-mail to be filled away. Turned off my laptop and lay down to rest because my medication is in full swing now. I fell asleep and a nightmare took hold of me. The awful event of the shooting. I cried out loud, in my sleep. 

'Save Christian! Save Christian!' Saw him lay dead where I kneel next to his still body with my hands tied behind my back. Sobbing my eyes out. 'Kill me!' I yelled at the shooter. They just laugh at me and they all race off. 'No! Christian! NO!' I yelled as I kept kneeling beside his body rocking as I fully weep.

'Ana! Ana! Ana, wake-up.' Christian spoke. Opening my tear filled eyes.

'Oh, thank god, your alive.' I said then leaped into his arms. 'Ouch!' I said as I gasp as pain shoot through me like an open electricity cord.

'Easy. Easy now.' He said holding me in his arms drying my tears me. Only noticing now, nurse Nora standing next to the bed.

'Miss Steele, your- your bleeding through your bandages again.' I look down and saw what she mend as my clothes are stained with my blood. Christian's eyes never left mine as his thumb rubs the side of my face as I focus on him again.

'Everything is okay. Your safe now, baby.' Nurse Nora got busy on my bandages. New tears course down my cheeks as I lean into Christian's hand.

'Hush now. All is okay.' Nurse Nora was done with me and retreated from our room. I looked down at my knotted fingers in my lap. Tears drip from my face to my hands.

'You yelled in your sleep, Ana. I never heard you do that before. Talking yes but never yelling and crying. What happened?' I shook my head not wanting to make eye contact with him.

'Tell me?' He asked looking more irritated with me. I sigh then look into his waiting eyes.

'I dreamt you were killed in our incident on Saturday. The pain that lashed through my heart, seeing you lifeless body at my feet was more painful than this physical pain I am having right now, and more than I ever hope to bear.'

'You've dreamt that?'

'Yes, what did I yell?' I asked laying my head on his shoulder.

'Something in the lines of; "Save Christian, must save Christian". Then you yelled, no a couple of times then you asked to be killed.'

'I said all that?'

'Yes, I heard you yell at first from my study and I came running. Why would you want to die, Ana?'

'Because kneeling next to your lifeless body made me realize that life without you, Christian or even a world without you in it is not worth living in.'

'Ana, I'm not going anywhere this I promise you. Okay.' He said holding me tightly to his chest.

'Okay.' I said as I tighten my arms around his neck a little. He whipping my damp hair from my face and slide it behind my ear.

'By the looks of your sweat covered shirt, you did not get much rest. I'll get you a clean shirt and you try again to rest. I will lay down with you.'

'That would be nice.' He kissed my hair then inhaled as he got up and he set off to the chest of drawers to get me a clean shirt. I changed quickly then lay down in Christian's protective arms. These arms I feel safe in, no matter how many time we fight, I still feel safe in them.

'Sleep, now baby. I've got you.' I closed my eyes and skipped off into la-la land.

~~~~oOo~~~~