Chapter 5: Manga, "Goodbyes", and Affinities

Cole's POV

I looked like an idiot.

"Oh my god, I love it!" I heard Wynona say when I stepped out of the room. Says her! She's not wearing a huge ass cape and a stupid contact lense.

"That's easy for you to say. I don't. Who exactly am I dressed as?" I asked, remembering this was an important fact to me.

She straightened her posture, put an arm behind her back, and held up a finger like she was about to explain something to a class filled with children.

"You are dressed as Lelouch vi Britannia. One of the main characters of Code Geass." She announced so the words echoed faintly in the room. There she goes again about Code Geass. She keeps telling me about it, and the more she does that, the more I want to watch Code Geass.

Wait... is she planning on turning me into one of those... obsessive... anime... otaku... FREAKS??!?!!

Shut up, I'm new at this.

"Is Code Geass... that good?" I asked curious and hesitant at the same time. TI did hen I quickly added, "Not that I'm gonna watch it. I don't even that stuff." I did not want her to know I was planning on watching it as soon as we get out of here.

"Um, HECK YA!" She screamed in my face.

"Okay, okay, you anime freak, get off me." I said pushing her off, annoyed and irritated all of a sudden. "Let's get ot of here. This place is just asking for death."

Marie's POV

Echo was making me really nervous. Usually, I'm really happy, weird, and happy all the time. Like Nicole, just a tad bit less crazy. But Echo? She's never made me more depressed in my life! Or is it unlife... I don't know, I'm like hundreds of years old!

I froze dead in my tracks. In fact, it was all sudden because Echo bumped into my back.

"Ugh, what is it? Why are we stopping?" She asked, obviously annoyed with me.

"I hear something..." I said, closing my eyes. My sort of super hearing was acting up, and if I closed my eyes, it worked better.

"Well, what is it?" She said tipping her sunglasses a tad bit.

"Let's see... breathing, male, evil aura." I reported, opening my eyes. "And it's coming from that way." I said pointing down a hallway to our left. I felt my eyes glowing just a little bit. I was kind of like a vampire from Karin Chibi Vampire. I have a certain affinity. Like, if I sucked the blood of a person, that feeling will disappear. Well, temporarily. My affinity is dishonesty. Meaning, if I were to suck your blood- I wouldn't do that. Well, that depends- you wouldn't be a dishonest person for a few weeks.

Got it?

I looked over to Echo. She flipped her sunglasses off and was taking off a glove on her left hand with her teeth. her hand revealed a marking with a demon star symbol. I think I've seen some anime character do that before...

"Black Butler demon." She said when she saw me looking. I smiled and nodded in realization. A few friends got me into Black Butler. I'm not really a person to watch a lot of anime, but I do remember a few of them.

I looked back down the hall. We started to walk forward, very slowly. Who knows what will pop out at us? This is called The Game of Life. You never know.

I looked over at Echo again. Her eyes were glowing red, brighter than mine in this dark. Now that I think about it, this place has like, no lights anywhere.

"The aura, I can feel it getting stronger. Be prepared, this guy will kill us. I can tell." I said as a warning.

Then a voice came out of nowhere. "I wouldn't call it killing. More likely, messing with your heads."

Destiny's POV

Victoria the cat was getting on my nerves. I liked her better as a stupid reptile. But, Nicole seemed to be occupying her.

"Let me go! Don't you dare put that bow in my hair! Argghhhh!" Victoria screamed. I have to admit, Nicole can be good at torturing cats. Victoria looked like a rainbow fuzzball that fell from Candy Land Hell.

She had two pink hair bows on each ear, and had rainbow streaks everywhere. Her tail was the worst though. It was covered in glitter, was completely rainbow, and had mini bows everywhere. Glad I wasn't her.

"You look so cute!" Nicole squealed with delight. She holding her in a little skull purse, with only her head sticking out. It was so funny, I could've burst out laughing at that moment. We were using Nicole's phone as a flashlight to find Jackie. Usually, Jackie wasn't very hard to find, considering she's always turning into animals.

All of a sudden, we heard a loud, painful moan. Nicole pointed her phone towards the noise, and I couldn't believe what I saw. Jackie was laying there, with a knife-looking thing in her stomach and a pool of blood surrounding her. Her eyes were barely open. I was surprised she's still alive!

I ran quickly over to her, tears surrounding my eyes. I've known Jackie for as long as I can remember. I can't lose her like this!

"Jackie! Jackie, who did this to you?" I said whisper-shouting, not wanting to cause attention to whoever could be around.

She smiled, "Destiny, I knew I wasn't going to survive this. With my cockiness, and rude attitude... I'm gonna die." She coughed up a little blood, but looked okay with it.

"Don't you dare say that! Your my best friend, I can't live without you..." I said. I was practically sobbing, my tears mixing with her blood, which just made me cry more.

"No, it's over for me... you have to win for me, kay? If I can't, I want you to. And stop crying. That's not what brave soldiers do." She reached her hand up to the back of her head, untying her eye patch, revealing her scarred green eye. She handed it to me, and I felt her go limp. She was gone.

"No... no... no!" I screamed, tears in my eyes. Then I heard a familiar laugh.

I turned to Victoria, probably the evilest cat I've ever seen.

"What? It's my job to kill all of you. She's the first to die." She said while laughing evilly. I felt my face glaring at her. "your dying as soon as I find a painful death for you, you evil bastard!" I screamed. Then I looked at Nicole. She's a necromancer...

"Nicole! Please bring Jackie back! She's my best friend ever! You have to!" I yelled, shal=king her shoulders.

She looked at me with wide eyes. "But Destiny, look." She pointed towards Jackie's corpse. I just noticed the video game looking health bar above her. It was empty, and Jackie's body was pixelating away, like it was a real life video game. A few seconds later, the murder scene was cleaned up. Like it never happened.

Then everything became blurry all of a sudden, like I was drugged by something. At first I saw Nicole fall to the ground, the my face met with the floor next.