19 |:| Desire for Closure

Start from the beginning

"I can't believe you don't realize how badly she has manipulated all of you to come here and do that," Kise stated.

"Actually, we knew exactly what we were getting into. Whatever mishap happened between all of you don't matter much to us. This was a nice experience," Ryuuji replied. "Don't turn us into victims just because you need someone to blame now."

"Oh, you're definitely part of the problem," Aomine threateningly stormed up to the group. "I don't who all of you think you are, but just know that this fight isn't over. It was an oath that you just stepped on--"

"Piss off about the oath!!" Ryuuji yelled. "Anything can happen in a basketball game so take it or go home! Quit thinking that this entire tournament was set up for your little ego-exercise 'cause other teams exist too, you know!! So I have a piece of advice for you.... grow the hell up!"

The miracles stared at him, taken by surprise before he stormed away sluggishly.

"Why was he so worked up?" Tooru asked.

"We did have to watch them screw around with their opponents last year," Sudou replied in disappointment.

"Bringing up the past isn't helping your case here. Are you saying that this was revenge for what happened?" Midorima questioned.

"Well, that, I'm not exactly sure," Sudou suspiciously stared at Deatoro. "Either way, I can't believe you guys are confronting us like this because you had high expectations for your oath. Did you forget to consider the dozens of other teams here?"

"How is that so bad?!" Aomine asked in desperation. "We're not here to talk to you about bullshit, okay?! It's your fucking coach!! It's FUCKING RINDOU!"

"Okay, then talk to her!" Nishimori replied.

"It's not that easy!! How am I supposed to casually talk to someone as awfully difficult and confusing as her! She came all this way to see us fail and ruin what we have! Am I supposed to just walk up to her and ask for a word?!"

"Like you said, it's Rindou. It's just her. She's practically harmless, yet you're making her out to be some mastermind villian that she's not," Sudou said.

"Have a bit of sympathy, she's caused us trouble in the past. You wouldn't know," Midorima explained.

"I can imagine; she's an unlikeable, bitter soul. Nothing else. But perhaps you should just use this opportunity to talk to her. The lack of closure of this situation is simply frustrating on both parts."

"What is there to solve?" Aomine asked, "I don't exactly know what the issue is. All I know is that it's painful, and it's coming from her. The issue won't go away if I just talk about my feelings."

"It's a difficult situation, but you guys have a point. We shouldn't have approached you like this," Midorima said, pushing up his glasses. "We were mistaken, you're not the problem after all."

"So are we actually going to do this?" Murasakibara asked, "as in talk to Rindou?"

"I encourage it. The pain might go away if you all discuss the problem and get some closure," Tooru said.

"However, what happened back there..." Momoi started, "was similar to what everyone did to Meiko last year. I think that was the revenge-- but does that mean that Tetsu-kun is part of it?!"

"He would never be on her side," Kise replied.

"But Kuro-chin and Rindou never had beef," Murasakibara added.

"Stop trying to guess her intentions," Deatoro said. "I won't give too much away, but she's not who she makes herself out to be."

"HOLY SHIT, DEATORO SAID SOMETHING NORMAL! RYUU IS MISSING OUT!" Nishimori yelled.

"Wow-- but what you just said was giving away a lot, Deatoro-san," Tooru said. "I know it's difficult, but it has to happen."

"And if she asks, this conversation never happened," Sudou said before walking straight passed the miracles with the rest following behind.

After a long day, everyone returned to their respected teams. Silence filled the airs around Rakuzan as their fierce captain hasn't lifted his head off the ground. Kuroko scurried through the sports center to find Rindou, only to run into Momoi who had the same intentions.

"Momoi-san?"

"Tetsu-kun, are you looking for her too? She's nowhere near the locker rooms."

"She left??"

"I think so!" Momoi let out a long groan, "What is with today?!"