19 |:| Desire for Closure

Start from the beginning

"It's good that we talked in private, or the others will see how hypocritical you're being," he stated before walking away as Rindou's eyes followed him out.

She stayed out in the hallway before running footsteps were coming towards her direction. She felt the wall vibrate as a hand slammed into it near her figure, accompanied by heavy panting.

"What is it now?" She grumbled before turning around to see Akashi.

"Why..." he caught his breath, "why did you have to come back?!" He yelled.

"So you just wanted me to disappear without closure, huh..." she closed her eyes in disapproval.

"I see, you weren't finished with me the first time. You wanted to bring me so low that you humiliated my entire team. You wanted to destroy the oath without actually winning so I'm forced to carry that burden. You want to take everything from me, is that it?"

"No," she replied. "Plus, why do I have to take responsibility for what the players do. Get mad at Deatoro, it was his idea."

"I will not...listen to your words!" Akashi yelled as tears streamed down his eyes in fury. "It doesn't matter if it was your idea, you're still here! That game was unbearable, it felt like you were tormenting me the entire time!"

Everything went silent as a ringing sound filled Rindou's ears upon seeing him cry in front of her. "Something urges me to tell him that I worked hard for this and took this seriously. Something also tells me that he doesn't need to hear it."

"I can't believe I caused him to be like this. So say it."

"Will it stop the pain to talk to him? To have an honest conversation with him? So just say it."

"We can speak calmly, closely, eye to eye. My chest feels so tight... so tell him what you want!"

"Say it! Tell him!"

"G-Get a grip!!" She screamed at him. "Anything can happen in a basketball game so just accept it!! I can't believe I went all this way just to see you pathetically act like this affects the oath! A victory is a victory, isn't it?! You said it yourself!"

"Enough... don't do this to me Kaeri," he dropped his posture in defeat as he stared at the ground.

"I didn't end up telling him..."

"I shouldn't have come here. I shouldn't have tried," she replied before leaving him.

The second generation left their locker room and prepared to go back home before they were met with the rest of the miracles, who seemed to be waiting for them.

"You guys have done it..." Aomine growled as he stood in their way.

"Are you guys proud of what you did back there?" Midorima asked.

"Yes, we're satisfied with the results," Sudou replied."We didn't have much room to complain anyway, we're practically in a strange position with being a junior high team."