City of Angels

Začít od začátku

I sit up straighter. "Do think that I'm not just vampire like Antonino said?"

"That vampire has lived beyond his expiry date. Many times. As you young ones say, he talks the talk but does he walk the walk?" Charlie took to wiping down the bar space in front of him, whistling a little tune I couldn't place.

"Do you know what will happen tomorrow night?" I finally ask him.

The monster of a man paused his song and looked at me in such a way I was positive he could see the deepest, darkest, most hidden parts of my entire being. My mouth went dry as I couldn't move, my instincts screaming for Aiden, for someone, anyone to save me as all I wanted to do was run.

"Perhaps I do, but such knowledge comes with a price." He purred, shifting his weight as moved to stand beside me and leaned on the bar. "Is that something you're willing to-"

"No. No it's not." I quickly fumble out, praying I am actually saying those words and not something else.

The air shifted and Charlie laughed that big deep, belly laugh I knew. "Good girl."

"Do not torture the creature." Someone says from behind me, and relief floods my system as I feel Aidens presence before I see him as he comes to stand at my side.

"Did you dare try your magic on her?" Aiden growled.

"I was merely testing the little hybrid. There is so much she needs to learn of this world, but some things are not yours to teach." He warned Aiden before looking behind him. "You were banned from this place."

"Don't worry, I won't stay long. Like this fool, I too come in peace." The same male as before said, making me turn around. "Aiden, one day you will learn not to tease the tiger. You seem to forget he has teeth."

I stare. I can't help it. I'm not sure what this man is, but there is something unearthly about him. He's as tall as Aiden, carries a similar build too only his eyes look completely black, with a flicker of something in them. Was it the light in here doing it or did his eyes actually look like they had stars in them? Long dark hair seemed to complete his bad boy look, much like the leather pants and black t shirt he had one, but seeing his feet kind of shocked me after everything else. 

"Angels don't like shoes." Aiden tells me as I now realise I'm staring at this mans feet. Not embarrassing at all. Wait - what? He's an angel? "Sam, this is Caelon."

"I hate when you do that." Caelon mumbled, yet managed a tiny smile to be sent my way. "Nice to meet you."

"An angel? Like, an angel?" I stutter.

Charlie leaves us, mumbling under his breath as he does so and Aiden smirks as the two of them watch him go.

"So things are still going well for you then?" Aiden teases, the pair of them looking more like two naughty school kids trying to cause mischief with their teacher.

"Oh just wonderful." Caelon tells him sarcastically. "I'm surprised I wasn't blasted out of here. I enjoy stirring the pot when Chloe is with me as he dare not upset her, but I usually pay for it when we are on our own."

"She lets you get away with that?"

"No, but I can usually turn what ever punishment she tries into something much more enjoyable." He winks, Aiden laughs and I'm still just stuck on the fact I'm with an angel. "It's been too long. When did this happen?"

Caelon looks between us, pausing as he tilts his head at me slightly and I realise I'm still staring at him.

"It's the eyes isn't it?" He sighs, closing his eyes and in the time it took Aiden to signal to Fiona for another drink, he made them look normal enough with the colour remaining black. "I forget sometimes."

"She's a bit of a novice to our world." Aiden looks down at me with what I realise is pride. It's strange to see that kind of love and endearment on someone that isn't my mother, only in a way that she could never replicate. 

Caelon smiles, and I faintly hear him tell Aiden how happy he is for him, for us. Aiden gladly goes over how we met, the pair catching up and filling each other in on the past few years since they last saw each other. I thought I'd seen the different sides of Aiden, knew his moods and had learnt all about him, but now there was this Aiden. It really was like Charlie's Bar, with its stained, old wooden floors and aging furniture was another world, in a different time and place. I didn't want it to end, I was actually having fun and everything else seemed so far away I no longer had to deal with any of it.  

"Come on, I know somewhere else we can go." Caelon finished his drink in one long gulp, slamming down the glass as he finished, he grinned wickedly - not looking all that angelic.

"No. No you don't." Brianna appeared out of no where, actually making Caelon jump. "You two, we're going. Now. I told you I wasn't going to get you out of trouble, so time to go before it starts."

Caelon laughed. "Witch! If I didn't know better, I would say my Chloe sent you!"

"She would have if she knew who you were actually with!" Brianna scolded.

"Please don't give Sam the impression that I'm the trouble maker." Aiden slurred slightly.

The drinks hadn't stopped since Charlie left for any of us and Brianna only shook her head.

"Don't blame me!" Caelon grinned, turning my way. "It only happened one time, but-"

"Three times." Brianna corrected.

Caelon waved her away. "Let's not leave it so long again."

The guys hugged and the three of us watched as he staggered to the door, before disappearing. Brianna only shook her head before opening a portal that had Charlie reappearing.

"Vermin! No better than vermin are you witches, breaking in like the rules do not apply to you and your kind!" Charlie cursed as she pushed Aiden and I through it before following us.

"So, was it worth it?" She asked Aiden as we were returned to our bedroom.

"It was." He told her, sounding much more sober than I expected him too. "I'll talk to you later."

She shook her head and left us alone, while I managed to get my shoes off and crawl into bed. The urge to sleep now was overwhelming and my head was spinning in a way I hadn't felt for a long time. What was in those drinks?

"Are you sure you want to sleep?" Aidens voice broke into my subconscious as his hands lingered on my stomach. No, no I wasn't, but all I could manage was a little grunt that made him laugh before pulling me tight against him as we curled up together. "Another time then."

I really hoped that was a promise, though I also wanted to know more about what happened the last time he had met up with Caelon too. 

Another time then.