Chapter 9

"Harry!" I turn to find my dormmates running up to me in the tent. "How area you feeling? Did you eat this morning?" Ginny asks, sounding exactly like her mom.

 I chuckle as I continue tightening my bootstraps "I'm fine guys." I sigh "Will some hand me my kneepads?"

 "Here you go." I take it without looking, but then I see a flash of yellow. Cedric smiles at me "Can we talk, after."

 I sigh "Sure, I guess..." I don't want to talk to him. I don't care too. I want to go to the Ball with Malfoy, not him.

 "Thanks, Harry." he smiles, before walking to the other side of the tent. How did he get over here so fast? I scuff. Probably a vampire.

 "What was that about?" Hermione asks, sitting on my bench. I shake my head as I tighten my kneepads. She gasps "That's the guy?"

 I sigh "Shut up, Hermione." He laughs and I hiss "It's not funny, okay?" He smirks and I sigh "Listen, don't make a big deal out of it."

 A canon goes off and I hear a loud "Cedric Diggory." He stands and stops by the entrance to the tent. He jumps on his heels a few times, before stepping out to face his Dragon.

 I turn back to my dormmates. Malfoy looks quite drained. I sigh "Guys, go watch the trail... I'll be up in a few minutes."

 They wish me luck and leave. Anxiety pings in my chest, as I wait for myself turn, until a canon fires and I hear a loud "Harry Potter!"

 As I step out into the arena. The Gryffindors and the Slytherin trio pipe up. The minister looks to me "You may begin."

 In an instant, the Dragon snaps at me with it's teeth. I yelp as it bites my leg. I duck behind a rock as the Dragon hisses fire at me. My leg is bleeding too much, too fast. "Think Harry! Think!" I hear Hermione scream.

 I look at my clothing. Long sleeves! Great! Ripping one of, the Dragon retreats to the golden egg. Using the sleeve and my wand, I make a tourniquet, to stop the bleeding.

 Moving a rock closer, the Dragon spots me and spits at me, burning my shirt. After slamming myself into the safety of a boulder, I frantically pat the fire out off of me.

 The Dragon continues to spit at the rock, causing it to burn. My back burns as I hiss "Accio Firebolt!"

 The next minute is complete hell as my broom appears over the stadium. I quickly mount it and fly away from the heated boulder. I scream at the beast "Come on you fucking bastard!"

 It looks up at me, before flying after me as I lead it away from the stadium and into the nearest mountain. It scratches it side and I continue. As we reach another one, I run straight up to it, before flying up and causing it to slam into the mountain. I laugh in victory, before flying back to the stadium and holding up the golden egg, but my victory was to soon.

 The dragon flies towards the arena, spitting fire. I stumble backwards as I yell out "Accio sorting hat!"

 The Dragon follows me with his fire as I hide behind a boulder. Looking around, I spot a line of boulders that lead right behind the beast. Easily, I run along the boulders, before pouncing on the dragons, which wasn't as easy.

 It flings his tail, trying to knock me off, but I climb up his spikey spine, resting right behind his neck, right as the hat flies into my hand, already knowing what I want.

 The dragon bucks and hits his side against boulders, but I'm locked in; I'm not going anywhere.

 I sink the sword of Gryffindor into his neck.

 Instantly, he stops movie. A second later, he drops to the ground, dead.

 The crowd erupt in cheers, as I climb off of the dead beast and pick up the golden egg. But a gasp soon arises.

 I look down to see my burnt shirt shows my stomach. My very scarred stomach. "Fuck" I whisper to myself, before looking up to see the horrored pity in my dormmates eyes.

~

 I sit in the hospital wing, practical daydreaming as Ron screams at me "Why the bloody hell, would you do that to yourself? Why would you put us through that? Are you that selfish that you would leave us? Bloody coward!"

 I sit there, staring at my feet. Taking everything, saying nothing. "Hey!" Ron yells "Fucking talk!" I say nothing and she smacks me "Are you deaf or something? Talk!"

 "Screw off." Malfoy spits at Ron "Screaming won't help anyone." she crosses her arms and leans against the wall next to me "Go for a walk. Come back when you're calm."

 Ron huffs, before storming off. Hermione takes the place Ron was standing "Madam Pomfrey did a great job on fixing your leg." he says, softly.

 I say nothing. I shrug and bring my legs up to my chest, squeezing them with my arms. Malfoy clears her throat "Would you like to see what your egg says?" I shrug and she opens it. A loud screech escapes it. She shuts it and frowns "Sorry."

 I shrug.

 "So..." Hermione sighs before sitting next to me "You did amazing in the trial, you know. You got the best time."

 I shrug.

 "Dumbeldor and the minister says that you have to have a partner for the rest of the tournament..." Hermione sighs "And, in the mean time, you'll be randomly searched for more..." he has a lose for words "... self-harm."

 I shrug and scratch my forehead.

 "Do you want us to leave?" Ginny asks "Madam Pomfrey and Professor McGonagall want to see the extent of the damage..."

 I shrug.

 "We can't leave you alone, though..." Pansy sighs "So, do you want Draco or Blaise to stay with you?"

 I shrug.

 Malfoy sighs "I'll stay with Harry..." that's the first time she's ever called me by my name. "You guys go eat something."

 After they leave, Pomfrey and McGonagall walk in, pity painted on their faces "Mister Potter, we're here to exam you." McGonagall says, holding her arms in front of her.

 As Pomfrey closes the curtains, Malfoy stands me up, helping me with my shirt "Easy there, Potter." she says as I fall and she holds me by my arms.

 Madam Pomfrey starts examining my stomach "When did this start?" she asks, before looking up at me.

 I sigh "Two days after term started..." Malfoy stares at me in horror. I clear my throat "Last time was five days ago."

 Pomfrey writes something down and sighs "By the looks of you, I'd say you're about 13 kilograms underweight?" she points to a scale and I step on "Yes, 13 kilograms."

 Malfoy sits my back on the bed, seeing as my leg was a dragons chewtoy only three hours ago. "So, what are you going to do?" Malfoy asks, brushing her fingers through her hair.

 "Well, Miss Potter will have someone by his side, constantly." McGonagall starts "Just until we're sure she's mentally stable." she shifts "Of course, during the rest of the tournament, she'll have a partner. Miss Malfoy?"

 "Me?" Malfoy asks, pointing at her chest "You want me to be her partner?" McGonagall nods "Is this okay with you?" she asks me. I shrug and give a weak smile.

 McGonagall speaks "Given your experiences, Albus, Severus and I have decided that this would benefit both of you."

 I can see Malfoy mentally cringe "Yes, ma'am." I'll have to ask her later.