Chapter 26 part 2

Start from the beginning

"What the hell are you doing here?" He hiccups and i dont miss the slurr in his voice though he doesnt sound angry i know better. He was tipsy and probably having a ptsd episode which right now wasnt the best combination.

"I just came to get my laptop" i whisper turning around to face him and when i see the derranged look in his eye i know hes probably in some flash back and i slowly drop my hands knowing what i was doing was probably about to get me killed.

"Erik hey listen-"

"Killmonger" he says and i feel the breath sucked out of me. He joked about him being the cause of my death i just never expected it to be...surreal.

I take a step closer to him the floor board creaking under my converses which makes him click the safety off. Well, fuck.

"Killmonger..." i start off not knowing how he would react but he doesnt move so i continue speaking.
"i have a mission for you" i say softly and his eyes lock with mine as i take a larger step forward and he nods for me to continue what im saying. I use the moment his eyes flicker to the gun (which is still pointed at my head) to take the last 3 steps to him and pull him into a hug.

"N'jadaka" i humm out swaying running my hands over his markings and his body just freezes up. "phu laphule ilizwi lam" listen to my voice i tell him in our language feeling as his body relaxes.

"Ndilapha kunye nawe" (im right here with you) i add kissing the scar in the middle of his chest listening as the gun drops with a thud onto the ground and his arms wrap around me.

"Malika i-" he begins but i shush him. I just want to hold him nothing needs to be said.

Somehow we ended up on the couch and his head in my lap a bottle of water clutched tightly in his fist that wasnt gripping my thigh. Even though we werent on good terms he needed me right now. He was vulnerable and tipsy and a mess, i know he didnt want to be alone. I run my fingers through his dreads to soothe him before tracing my fingers down his jaw making him snap out of whatever he was thinking about so heavily.

"Why didnt you call me?" I ask slightly upset by how he closed himself off so quickly, just because we had a falling out doesnt erase how close we were or the bond we had with another. I wasnt going to leave him to deal with this alone because he told me how hard it was.

He shrugs. Sighing i move my hands from his jaw and let it rest on his shoulders but he moves it back to his jaw. I cant help the slight grin knowing he liked that so i continue until he falls asleep.

2 days later

Sitting on my bed with my textbooks and study guide spread out infront of me and my laptop playing 90's music that erik put me on to i groan in frustration. I read the same sentence four times and it wasnt making sense...at all. My eyes were tired and my stomach was begining to growl even my legs cramping up from sitting in the same position.

I begin craving the donuts i rejected from Erik earlier and groan. We still werent talking and yes i was still mad but he was trying to sucker me into talking to him by bringing me breakfast and starting conversations about class with me like everything was ok.

"Hey Mal you have a guest" Amara says standing in my door way with her arms crossed and erik walks in looking...nervous. Amara gives him her best 'glare' before looking at me.