Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Luna~

I heard the familiar whoosh of my brother landing beside me, he always tried to scare me when I was hunting. I smirked, shaking my head.

"What's funny, Luna?" my brother asked when a laugh escaped my lips.

"Oh, it's just how you're still trying to scare me. You know I can tell when you are about to do that." I said, turning my head toward him.

"I know you can, but it doesn't mean I won't try. It'll be a hundred years before I decide to stop." He said, running his fingers through his messy black hair.

"Let me get back to hunting, Jay." I said, turning toward my prey again. It was a deer that had wandered from it's herd not too long ago. I had been stalking it for an hour, and Jay's sudden appearance might've scared it. Luckily it hadn't moved. I jumped, landing on the next branch of the tree I was crouched on. I leaned forward, and a second later I jumped at the deer. My teeth went into its neck, and I felt the deer's body go limp as I drank the blood from it's body. I dropped the body, and wiped the blood from my face with the sleeve of the black jacket I wore. I smiled, my gray eyes flashed red for a moment. I froze for a second, hearing something. I sniffed, seeing if I could get a scent. There was the faint trace of human scent in the air. I cursed under my breathe and began to pull the deer away. I hid it under a bush, and then went to go see where the human went.

"I hope they didn't see anything... How does one explain sucking the blood from a deer?" I asked myself, shaking my head as I followed the human scent. I stopped, the smell of the human coming from in front of me. I continued up the hill that the human stood on.

"Hello!" I said, finally seeing the human. She was a shortish brunette, and the scent of blood began to swarm my nose. She had cut herself apparently. "Are you alright?" I asked her, looking at her face. Her eyes when went wide and she took a step back in fear.

"L-leave m-me alone!" She said, tears from fear fell down her cheeks.

"What's wrong?" I said, playing innocent. I knew she had to have seen me in the clearing with the deer.

"Y-you're a m-m-monster!" she said, falling as she fell backwards. I used my vampire speed to crouch beside her.

"Of course I am." I said, bending in close. "And now, I'm going to eat you." I felt her heartbeat speed up. "I hope you have no regrets!" I whispered into her ear before sinking my teeth into her neck. I felt her body go limp like the deer had.

"Luna, what do you think you're doing?" Jay said, coming up behind me.

"Killing an eyewitness, what does it look like?" I said sarcasticly, brushing my white blonde hair from my face. "Now, I think we should go home. Or did you forget to go hunting again?"

"I ate." he said, stuffing his hands into his pockets roughly.

"I'll race ya!" I said, and I began to race as fast as I could to our house. I laughed into the wind as my hair blew all around me. Eternity could be nice, if I could just run for ever, I thought.