Two weeks later

Aubrey pov

It's been two weeks since my arrival in beautiful, totally not ghetto Tulsa. I have gotten a job down at the DX so I'm getting some pocket change. Dallas got picked up and is spending 90 weeks in the cooler. I've felt pretty alone but with sodapop there to be my friend, I can get over it. Me and Darry have been getting pretty cozy but lately he's just be bombarded with bills, social events for ponyboy, and with his two jobs. We don't really get to spend anytime together and I get kinda depressed because it seems like I chasing someone I will never get.

Today me and Darry had a day off, all the guys wanted to go down to the lake but I was too drained from work."no guys I'm fine," I tell them "Darry are you going" I question him

"No, got to many bills and not enough time to fool around" he replies looking at all the bills scattered throughout the table.

"Well, then I'll help you" I say getting up and sitting at the table.i pull my glasses on and Darry chuckles at me.

"Well y'all's loss," sodapop yells from the door, " use protection" he says and everyone laughs, I just sneer at him. Everyone but Darry knows I like Darry so I like to keep that stuff to myself.

After about an hour of messing with bills and sharing so laughs we finally finish. Darry gets up from the table and walks towards his arm chair. I rush up and beat him to the chair

"Get your skinny butt off my chair" he tells me

"Make me" I smirk back at him. He tries to pick me up but I hold myself to the chair, "you gotta do better than that Darrel shaynne Curtis" I laugh at him

" I'll find a way Aubrey Noel Winston" he says in a mocking tone.

Our eyes meet each other's gaze and I melt under Darry's piercing blue eyes. I can't help but bite my lip. suddenly Darry picks me up and sits down quickly.

"Dick" I sneer at him he just laughs.

"We don't use that language in the Curtis houshold" he says still laughing. I sit on the ground and pout like a five year old. I get up and go to the music player. I found one of my favorite songs blue moon by The Marcel's.

"Darrel Curtis you better dance with me or else" I say swaying my hips. He gets up and we slow dance. our eyes meet and we stare into eachoters eyes, I feel my green eyes heat up. With Darry's height, I kinda have to tippy toe and he laughs.

"I never notice how you got little specks of orange in your eyes" he say and I blush, the song ends. He Is still holding me.

Suddenly I feel his lips push against mine, at first I was caught by surprise but then, I kiss him back. I am still on my tippy toes, he puts his hands on my waist and picks me up alittle.

"Finally" we hear someone say, it's sodapop. We break away and smile at each other. We look to see everyone standing in the doorway. I blush and look at the ground, sodapop and Steve hug me with their wet bodies "get the hell off me" I screech at them and they laugh.

I'm soaking wet now and I run up to Darry's room. I grab some sweat pants and Darry's oversized sweatshirt. I wipe off my makeup and head back down stairs, everyone's asleep except pony, Johnny and Darry. I sit on Darry's lap and fall asleep with him on the arm chair listening to the sound of his steady heart beat.