Chapter Seven

No Tears Left To Cry | Ariana Grande
_________

The final bell rings to signal the end of the school day and before I can even protest, Elise has her arm hooked around mine and she's leading me towards the front of the school. I almost trip over a few people, but I manage to keep my balance each time.

"Can you stop dragging me?" I ask and Elise lets out a muffled giggle.

"No way. We need to get out there fast before the guys take off without us!" Elise exclaims.

"When were you invited?" I ask curiously. She scoffs.

"Preston invited me before lunch ended. You were too busy being all lovey dovey with Ross." She laughs and I blush.

"I don't even want to go," I mumble.

"Oh shoosh, I know you do." Elise rolls her eyes at me. "Cooper's in my study period so he said that if we weren't out in the parking lot by five past the bell, they would leave without us."

"I doubt that, but okay." I shrug my shoulders as we exit the school. I'm blinded by the sun glaring into my eyes and I only just manage to see a blonde head of hair as Ross calls my name.

"Laura, come on!" He yells. I squint my eyes at him to see a bright smile on his face. I smile back at him, releasing my arm from Elise's and speeding up my pace towards him.

"Hey," I say softly and he places his hands on my hips, pulling me towards him.

"Hey," he whispers back as our foreheads lightly connect. Travis makes a gagging sound and I look towards the guys who all seem to stand around like goofs.

"Let's get going!" Preston yells, moving his arms around in a pathetic attempt at dancing. Cooper rolls his eyes while Dillon shakes his head. Elise immediately grabs onto Preston's arm as she pulls him towards his car. Travis follows behind them, shooting us an I'm-So-Done look before jumping into the backseat of Preston's Jeep.

I turn my attention back to Ross to see him already looking at me. "Shall we go?" I ask and he nods, pulling away from me and opening the passenger side door.

"For you, my lady." He bows and I laugh before getting into the seat and putting my seatbelt on. It's not long until Ross is situated beside me, starting up the car and putting his seatbelt on as well. He lets out a loud sigh as the motor starts up. "Let's get going then."

"Aw man, are you kidding me!" Preston whines as Dillon shoots a fist into the air, shooting his opponent with his finger pistols.

We're currently playing a game of bowling and as of now, Preston is coming in dead last.

This building has literally everything. It's got your average arcade games, a bowling alley, laser tag, crane machines, a food court, bumper cars, a vending machine - it's completely packed out. There are three storeys and every floor is full of awesome equipment. The top floor even has a karaoke machine and guitar hero. I'm sort of confused as to how I've never known about this place before, but I'm glad Elise forced me to come now.

"Don't be a sore loser," Travis shouts over the music playing through the many speakers that litter the walls. The Pretender by the Foo Fighters plays just softly enough in the background that we can hear each other speak.

Preston sticks his tongue out at Travis and Elise laughs uncontrollably. I'll be asking questions later on.

"This game is shit," Cooper grumbles, "let's go do something else." I watch as Dillon turns to stare intently at his angry friend. They have a stare down before Dillon shakes his head and shuts the bowling game down. I frown.