Chapter ~4~

Adara's pov

Everyone stared at me as miss Greene waited patiently for my response.

"Adara? Are you okay? Do you want to go to the nurse's office?" I quickly took my opportunity and answered with a faked tired voice.

"I should probably go to the nurse's office miss Greene. My stomach hurts and my eyes are really burning." I lied. She looked at me with a worried expression. "Go honey. Don't worry you are dismissed till the end of class now hurry." I sighed softly in relief.

I quickly made my way to the nurse's office only stopping to grab my contacts. I just barely got out of that. Now people will think that my eyes only burned a little and that there was nothing wrong with them. I'm not too sure how they could fall for that, but I guess my classmates were pretty stupid some times.

As I walked towards the nurse's office I saw something glint in the woods. Something, or maybe someone was there. I forgot about my contacts and stuffed them into my bag while running outside. There was no one in the halls and I was very grateful for that.

Detention would really not help. As I approached the trees my necklace started glowing just like the ring Jenna gave to me. I ignored it and kept walking towards the woods.

A twig snapped. Not a good sign. And then it came. The blinding pain from my fingers. As if someone was just cutting them off. I screamed as I saw a figure stand above me. It was Chase and some other people.

"It's okay Adara. Where does it hurt?" He asked with a soft voice. I slowly lifted my hand and held back a scream. It hurt so bad. A crowd was forming around us as a painful tear escaped my eye and I watched Chase reach out for my right hand. It was bloody red now.

My index finger was turning black as a shape formed itself on my skin. It was a black dragon. It was so tiny but so beautiful. The pain came back and I screamed again as new tears streamed down my face. I was laying on my back on the grass. Tracy pushed her way through the crowd and held my free hand.

"She's not gonna survive Chase! It's too much for her. The pain is killing her!" She screamed. Chase lifted me up in his arms as Jenna and Carson ran towards us as I let out another painful scream. I wish this would just end!

"Is she gonna be okay Chase?" Jenna asked panicking. "Don't worry. I went through it as well. She's gonna be fine." A green dragon landed next to Chase. The dragon was huge.

"Don't worry I'll bring her back when she'll be stable enough. She might just have a dragon when you see her then." He smiled. Another tear escaped my eyes again and Chase looked at me in worry.

"Don't worry Adara. The pain is gonna be gone soon. Now come with me. I can help you. I will take you to the dragon riders." He smiled again softly and I closed my eyes as darkness took over me.

•••

When I woke up, I was on a soft and warm bed. I looked around as a strong headache made its way into my head. As I tried to stand up I moaned in pain that came from my legs. Now I realized that I wasn't in my room. How the hell did I even get here?

Just as I started panicking Chase stormed into the room with another guy.

"You're awake. Thank the gods. I thought I lost you when you fainted on the way here." He visibly relaxed as he reached over and hugged me. I relaxed as well now that he was here when a thought hit me. The pain, the green dragon, and the mark on my finger.

I quickly lifted my index finger and looked at it. It was a black dragon, it looked amazing, almost mesmerizing for my eyes. I kind of liked it. It looked like this:

Now that I thought about it, it looked really sick

Now that I thought about it, it looked really sick. Chase noticed me looking at my mark and smiled.

He sat next to me looking at my hand.
"You know what this means? You're a dragon rider, Ara. Usually, the mark can tell you what kind of dragon you have but I have never seen a rider have a mark on their index finger. That's kind of cool, isn't it? You're gonna have a special dragon sis." He told me with a soft voice.

I smiled. I finally looked into his blue eyes. "When will we go back to Tracy, Kyle, and Chiara. I want to tell them that I'm okay. And I also wanna tell Jenna and Carson that I'm fine. They looked really scared for me." He let out a low laugh.

"Alright, Ara. We can leave now if you would like." I nodded and Chase helped me get up.

"Glad you are okay Adara. Chase wouldn't stop freaking out. By the way, I'm John. Your brother's best friend. It's nice to meet you."

We shook hands and I sent him a warm smile. "It's nice to meet you too John." John was quite attractive. He looked as if he was a year or so younger than Chase.

He had this white hair and blue eyes. I personally thought he was really cute.
John:

Carson couldn't even compare to John

Carson couldn't even compare to John. "So how do we get there?" I asked Chase as I finally peeled my eyes off his friend. "You'll be riding with me if you don't mind. Bes-Chase's dragon-is probably tired from the trip here. You'll stay at your house for the rest of the week. After that, we are leaving and taking you to the dragon rider academy."

I turned back to John who just spoke. Oh god! How will I be able to ride with this- this... him for a few hours? Well, I hope the trip won't belong...

To be continued...

~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~
Thank you aaaalllll so so so much for reading this chapter. Just like I promised here you have the next chapter. I hope that you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Please don't forget to leave a like and a comment and if you happen to have some ideas feel free to text me. But unfortunately, I will have to wait till the next chapter to see you again but for now. Byeeee😊😁😉