Chapter 21

Scott went in for questioning about Allison's death. They were going to play it off as a mugging gone wrong. I was pent up at Derek's place because I didn't feel like being alone right now. Brianna and Isaac went back to the Argent's apartment with Chris to keep him company. I laid in his bed with his arms wrapped around me.
"Why is all of this happening," I asked quietly. He placed soft kisses down my neck.
"It'll be okay. The universe has a way of balancing things out." He assured me. I turned to face him.
"I hope so," I sighed. He kissed me gently.
"I love you," he whispered. My eyes shot open and my heartbeat increased.
"Did the badass Derek hale just admit that he can feel love?" I smirked.
"I can take it back," he chuckled.
"I love you too," I smiled. He held me tightly to his chest.
"I knew you were something special when I saw you that night at the rink. You didn't have a normal human scent, but a more powerful one. I think being a wolf just increased your power. You were never just ordinary, you were always special," he lulled in my ear. I listened to his even heartbeat until I fell asleep.
I opened my eyes to see Derek was still asleep beside me. I traced small circles on his arm that was still wrapped protectively around me. A few minutes later he groaned and rolled on his back, taking me with him. He opened his eyes and smiled.
"Well good morning," he chuckled.
"Morning," I laughed. "Wanna let me go so I can make coffee?"
"Not really," he smirked. He pulled me down so I could kiss him. I giggled and kissed him sweetly. His phone rang and he sighed. I made coffee while he talked on his phone. "We have to go. the Nagitsune is at the high school,"
"Okay," I sighed. He looked at me with a confused look. "I just.... I wish we could just sit this one out, I don't want you to get hurt. But I know we have to help"
"Don't worry about me," he told me. "I promise it will be okay." He kissed me before we drove to the school. I saw Scott, stiles, Lydia, and Kira run into the school. The twins were outside with us. Derek held the box made from nemetod wood. Suddenly the Nagitsune was in front of us. A few oni were behind him. Us wolves changed and charged them. We weren't doing so well but we weren't dead yet. The box slid away but we left it for now. Out of nowhere an arrow stuck into the oni I was fighting. I looked up and saw Chris argent with a bow. The oni dissipated and I noticed a silver arrowhead. Silver must kill them. The Nagitsune noticed that his fighters were dropping and he rushed inside. Aiden went for the box but a sword sliced thru him. Chris shot the remaining oni and we rushed to aiden. Brianna brought the box inside to the others.
"Does it hurt you as much as it hurts me?" he asked. His breath was labored. I ripped Derek's jacket from his body and went behind a pillar to change back. I wrapped the jacket around myself and went back to my dying friend. I held his hand as he took his last breath. Tears cascaded from my eyes and Derek held me close. I noticed the others rush from the school, Lydia nearly dropping dead at the sight of Aiden. They had a thing a while back but I know they still cared for each other. Brianna held up the box to let us know that it was over. Finally over.