Chapter 1: Wind from the south

Dewey healed pretty quick, well his head felt a lot better he still had a battle sign on the back of His head and had pain medication to take every day. The doctors said that He should stay in bed because of his leg and arm still being broken. Dewey was well enough to come back home, but still not well enough to go to school.

"You're so lucky Dewey!"Louie said "All you have to do is rest".

"Yeah and all you have to do is be able to move!"Dewey snapped "I'd rather go to school then stay here and be bored all day just so I can do homework later".

Louie rolled His eyes "Just trying to make you feel better"He said.

"I know I'm sorry"Dewey said "I just hate not bring able to move"Dewey was even in a wheelchair He wanted to race it around the house but Uncle Donald wouldn't let Him. "Today was going to be the worst day ever"He thought to himself.

"Well good luck"Louie said then left.

Huey and Louie went to school and webby did school in Her room, Dewey was completely bored so He tried to think of things to do. Donald stayed home from work to take care of Him and make sure He actually gets some rest instead of rough housing and making his Leg feel worse.

Donald walked in to give Dewey some breakfast "Hey Dew, How ya feeling?"Donald asked.

"Bored"Dewey answered.

"Well next time wear a helmet"Donald joked and Dewey just rolled His eyes.

"Come on Dewey cheer up, There has to be something you can do"Donald said and then he heard a knock on the door. "I'll be right back Dewey"Donald said then left to answer the door.

Donald opened the door and A green parrot pounced on Donald and hugged Him. "Donald long time no see amigo"He said.

Donald pushed Jose off of Him and got up "Jose what are you doing here?"He asked.

"What do you think?"Jose asked.

"Broke again?"Donald guessed.

"No, well yes but that's not why I'm here, I'm here to cheer Dewey Up!"He said happily.

"How did you know he was?-"Donald started to ask.

"Louie posted it on social media"Jose said.

"You follow the boys on social media?"Donald asked.

"Of course, who doesn't?"Jose asked.

"Well for whatever reason I'm glad you're here Jose, And I know Dewey will be excited to see you too"Donald said.

"I hope so"Jose said then Donald took Him to Dewey's room. Dewey was just reading the same comic book for the millionth time.

"Hey dew"Donald said "How ya feeling?"

"Ok I guess"Dewey said.

"You'll never guess who's here"Donald said.

"Uncle Gladstone?, Uncle fethry?, The professor?, Grandma?, That one loud neighbor who keeps watching soap operas and crying at two thirty at night?"Dewey guessed.

"Um...no"Donald answered As Jose walked in.

"Olá Dewey!"

"Uncle Jose what are you doing here?"Dewey asked.

"Why do you think I'm here?"Jose asked.

"Broke again?"Dewey guessed.

"No, I came to see you"Jose said, He looked at Dewey's leg "Yikes, you did a good job"He said.

"That's nothing, look at this"Dewey said showing a blue and black mark behind his ears. "The doctor called it a battle sign, Fitting name if you ask me"Dewey said proudly.

"Sim, very nice"Jose said admiring Dewey's injury. "I got you a little something"Jose said as he pulled out a small present. Dewey opened it and it was a book.

"The parrots bride"Dewey reading the tittle "How ironic, Thanks Uncle Jose"He said.

"You're very welcome Dewey"Jose said.

"So what are you doing here?"Dewey asked.

"To see you of course"Jose said.

"Not here here I mean in duckburg, usually you just call"He said.

"You're smarter then people think you are"Jose said "Actually in trying to get a job here"He said.

"But what about Brazil?"Dewey asked "You love it in Bahia".

"Sim, but sometimes you have to make room for change"Jose said

"Maybe you could ask Uncle Scrooge for a job?"Dewey offered "He doesn't pay much but it's a start"He said.

"I'll think about it dew"Jose said "get some rest little caballero"He said and walked out the door. As Jose started walking back downstairs He happen to meet someone.

"Oh I'm sorry"Della said and she moved out of the way.

"Oh don't be senhorita, im Jose carioca from Brazil"He introduces Himself bowing his head.

"Oh it's nice to meet you in Della"She said.

"Della?"Jose asked "As in Donald sister?"He asked.

"yes, has He mentioned me before?"She asked.

"A few times"Jose answered.

"Jose!"Donald interrupted.

"I didn't do it!"Jose defended Himself without actually knowing what Donald was going to say.

"Um Jose can we talk for a second?"Donald asked.

"Of course amigo, pardon us senhorita"Jose said. Donald pulled Jose into the other room.

"Ok joe what are you really doing here?"He asked.

"Alright you got me, I need a place to stay until I can find a job"Jose said.

"Sorry to tell you this Jose but I don't know if Uncle Scrooge would be ok with it, I mean you're always welcome in the houseboat but it's not much"Donald said

Scrooge was whistling happily and walked in "Good mornin lads"Scrooge said "Lovely day eh?"

"Who's that?"Jose asked Donald

"My uncle"Donald replied the looked at the happy duck again "I think"He said

"What are ye' lads talking about?"Scrooge asked

"Pardon me"Jose said "I am Jose carioca from Brazil"He introduced himself.

"Jose is staying with me on the houseboat for a couple days maybe more"Donald explained

"Over ma dead body!"Scrooge said then His voice turned from angry to nice "He should stay in the mansion, it's much too small in the boat house".

"Well thank you senhor Scrooge"Jose said.

Donald and Jose grabbed His stuff and took it to His room.

"It was very nice of your Uncle for letting me stay here Donald" Jose said.

"Honestly he's been in a good mood since Della came back"Donald explained

"Who wouldn't be?"Jose asked.

"I don't know"He said sadly Jose noticed.

"What's a matter amigo?"Jose asked.

"Nothing it's just, I'm worried about The boys and Della, after Dewey is better will she really have a reason to stay?"He asked.

authors note:Welp that's chapter 1, I hope you all liked it, i wasn't too sure how I was going to start the story but it'll be better once I get the actual plot going. Anyway let me know how you liked the first part and if you have any ideas let me know goodbye amigos, see you all in the next chapter and keep moving forward.