PROLOGUE.

BACK TO THE FUTURE.
[ PROLOGUE: FIRST TEST RUN ]
❝ GREAT SCOTT! ❞

The sound of mechanical tinkering and pacing footsteps echoed throughout the Garcia's makeshift garage/lab as Lisa danced to the beat of the music playing from her wireless headphones

The sound of mechanical tinkering and pacing footsteps echoed throughout the Garcia's makeshift garage/lab as Lisa danced to the beat of the music playing from her wireless headphones. The memorable 80s R&B tune Nite and Day by Al B. Sure! was on full blast in Lisa's ears as she was busy at work.

With soot covered hands the young latina was clad in her usual getup consisting of a worn out grey flannel that was sloppily tucked in her acid washed mom jeans along with her favorite pair of classic Nike Cortez varsity shoes. All the clothing she had was either hand-me-downs from her parents or other relatives. It wasn't that Lisa or her family couldn't afford new clothes. The peculiar teen was just obsessed with old school fashion. Most of her inspiration for her wardrobe came from old family pictures in the hundreds of photo albums her abuela owned and all the 80s movies she watched. Over time the iconic fashion of the 80s became her signature look.

Not only did her unique style show up in her outfits but also in her vocabulary, hair, and pretty much everything else. Especially in her inventions. Each gadget Lisa made had always been inspired by something or someone from the 80s decade. An example of this would be the DeLorean time machine she was focused on putting the final touches to.

A few months ago Lisa had turned sixteen on January 21st, 2017. For her birthday party the adolescent invited her two best friends, Peter Parker and Ned Leeds, from Midtown High School of Science and Technology to have an 80s movie marathon. Lucky enough for her Peter actually managed to made it to the small sleepover bash.

Recently, the Parker boy had been seriously occupied during the night with fighting crime and saving the many civilians of Queens. When it came to being Spider-Man making it to parties and outside activities was extremely difficult. After all, the web slinging hero was in a high demand to the public and a new asset to tech genius billionaire Tony Stark.

But none the less, Peter Parker would always make an effort to be there for his best friends. Especially to the one who has always been there for him throughout his whole life. Including the time when a radioactive spider bit him thus turning him into the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man that he was today.

When the three teenagers had sat on Lisa's bed in their pajamas with bowls of popcorn and snacks in their laps the movie marathon had begun with Lisa's all time favorite movie: Back to the Future. At the beginning of the film the small group of friends were having a blast on making commentary and discussing amongst themselves about the characters and the best lines.

It wasn't until they got to the part of the movie when the Doc was explaining how the the DeLorean time machine worked to Marty did a giant lightbulb turn on in Lisa's brain. The night of her sixteenth birthday was the moment Athilesa Garcia had come up with the insane idea to create the world's first time machine. The second Peter and Ned had fallen asleep after watching Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope, Lisa ran straight to her garage and immediately started her unorthodox project.