✖️im sorry

-paying attention?"

his friend annoyingly asked as she loudly popped her violet bubblegum. josh, who was waist deep in his own little world, snapped out of his trance before apologizing to his friend.

"its fine, what's got you all bothered anyway?"

josh could only remember his blood gushing in his ears and the repeated pounding of his heart slamming into his ribcage as he slammed on the gas breaks so fast he thought he would fly right out of his front window if he didn't have his seatbelt on. only to be met with wide black doe eyes before the deer ran off the road and being engulfed in the trees.

turning bright red noticing his friend was awaiting an answer.

"o-oh! um, a deer jumped in front of my car last night but I was quick enough to slam on the gas breaks before hitting it."

josh awkwardly answer as he nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

"oh dang, you ok? hold up let me che - nope, no wounds or scratches."

josh whining like a baby as his friend or ashley repeatedly checked for any signs of scratches but came up short.

"ashley, stop that I'm fine."

ashley rolling her eyes as a loud screech filled the air, signalling lunch was over.

"see ya, josh and don't get into any more crashes, you hear?!"

ashley shouted over her shoulder as she walked away, josh only rolling his eyes before shouting back that he'll try not to. scooping up his backpack that he forgot to put away this morning and walking into the school, looking down for only a second before slamming into a kid.

"oh gosh, I'm sorry."

the boy brushed it off but josh knew it was his fault, noticing something familiar about the boy but couldn't exactly place his finger on it.

"its totally fine, I'm tyler by the way."

tyler calmly said totally bypassing what happened a few minutes earlier and sticking out his hand, josh nervously taking the boys hand and shaking it slightly.

"joshua, but I go by josh."

"nice to meet you, now get on your way. we don't want you forgetting to get to class, right?" tyler joked as josh saw a hint of red flash through the boys mocha coloured eyes, stuttering out a "yeah, right" before watching tyler flash a smile and leaving.