"Who are these people?"She sniffs, silent sobs escape her lips.

"My classmates. The bitchy people."I snap my finger at her lips right after she says so.

"They chided you?"She cries more.

"Y-y-yes..."She sobs, her whole body's literally shaking in fright.

"Shh... It'll be okay."I whisper at her as we hug. "It doesn't matter. You just lost one mark from the girl. Even though you're second, you'll always be the first for us."All those mocks and chides are only about the decrease in Hanaya's position in her class. She has just received her result card and it stated that she's now the second. Though her marks and the girl's marks have only one number difference.

"But they're teasing me."

"It happens to everyone. Be happy that they mocked you. It means they still care about you. Just let them do what they want. I suggest you deactivate your Facebook account and get ready for the dinner now."She nods her head, doing exactly what I suggest.

"Thank you Habibah. You're the best sister. One day you'll be a great psychologist, just as you wanted."She pulls me in a tight hug.

"In sha Allah habibti."

•••

We arrive at the Abdullah's house at exactly eight thirty pm, after Salatul Isha'. I've always been fascinated by the Abdullah's house which is so huge and beautiful. They have a beautiful frontyard and backyard with the architecture of their house that looks a lot like my typical dream house. They have beautiful plants surrounding their pathway and the color of the paint of their house is so pretty. Navy blue color for the outside and night sky blue color for the inside.

"Assalamualaikum..."Mom says as she presses the doorbell.

"Waalaikumsalaam."My heart practically stops as I hear the voice. "Come in, please."I don't know why but I'm more nervous now than I was before and it seems like I can't walk, talk or even breathe right now. His voice literally makes me freeze at the spot.

"Uh Habibah?"It's Hanaya's voice who disenchants me from my thoughts.

"Yes?"

"We have to go in."

"Oh right..."I lower my head when I walk in, even though I know he's still standing by the door.

"Salaam habibti. How are you?"Aunty Marwa comes out of nowhere and pulls me in a hug (the arabian style).

"Alhamdulillah khair. What about you, aunty?"She smiles, pinching my cheeks. I know I have chubby cheeks, but seriously I look so fat with these chubby cheeks.

"Alhamdulillah... Let's go and eat habibti. Everyone's waiting for you!"She says enthustiastically, slinging her arm around my shoulder as she leads me to the dining room.

"Habibah!"Amirah comes to me with a hug attack. The girl sure has one teddy hug.

"Amirah... How are you? And your family?"She smirks, wiggling her brows mischievously.

"Alhamdulillah. By family you mean the whole family or-"

"Whole family."I finish her sentence quickly before she can say anything else. She bursts into laugh.

"Sure. They're fine, Alhamdulillah. Let's sit! The dinner is going to start."I'm thankful that this is only a dinner between my family and theirs. I never like eating in public, but at least there aren't much unknown people.

The dinner starts with the main and heavy meal: Lambchops, kebab, shawarma, biryani and other types of the middle eastern food. I only take one shawarma.

"Why don't you take more Habibah? You're going to get married you have to be healthy!"Aunty Marwa teases, causing the whole room to errupt in laughter. I just smile in return.

"Sh! If she will eat more, the wedding dress won't fit."Mom chimes.

"Mom..."I whisper. She only laughs, causing my cheeks to burn.

The next is dessert. There are so many types of delicious dessert and they're all my favourite. But I can't eat them due to: 1. My wedding dress won't fit. 2. This is already night, dessert's too unhealthy! Although, only for respecting them, I take the banana split and rinse them all with watermelon.

I have thought that after dinner we'd go home, but my dad and the boys say that we should stay a bit longer because they want to watch the football match together. So I ask aunty Marwa if I can go to the backyard and she allows me to.

I like the backyard of their house a lot. They have neon pebbles and creative designs on the wall. They also have a small fish pond with some turtles in it. The perfect thing is that, a gazebo stands in front of the pond so you can clearly enjoy the night while watching at the pond.

"Mind if I join?"I know the voice even without having to look at him.

"Haraam."I reply.

"I know. I just want to say a few words. Is that okay?"Jassim says. I'm thankful that he keeps distance from me.

"Go on."

"Well I just want to say thank you for coming to this dinner and also congratulations. I hope he'll take a good care of you."I nod.

"You're welcome. Congratulations to you too. When are you getting married?"My question seems to make him uncomfortable or what, but he doesn't answer it. "Jassim?"

"Uh-yes?"

"I asked you, when will you-"

"I broke the engagement. Well, she broke it. But that's the same."Instantly, a feeling of guilt rushes through me.

"Oh god. I'm so sorry Jassim. I never know that. In sha Allah you'll find a better one. What happened by the way? If you don't mind telling me."He laughs nervously.

"Yeah that's okay. In sha Allah I will. Well her parents disagree because they have found a perfect man for her."

"That's not true. No one's perfect. Besides, you're a good man yourself."He stares at me.

"What do you-"

"Oh sorry. I mean like.. You know...you're a good guy and you're definitely good for her."

"Yeah.. but her parents disapprove. So there's nothing I can do."

"There is..."

"Like what?"He questions, taking a turtle on his hand.

"Prove to them that you're good for her. If you love her, then you have to fight for her. I'm sure she's worth fighting for."He smiles.

"It's fine... We always have problems with each other anyway."My mouth forms an o, unable to talk any further.

"I'll leave you alone now."

"But Jassim, wait."He turns around to look at me. "I'm sorry I can't feel the same way towards you as you do towards me. You've been my best friend and you'll always be. But fate knows that your role in my life is only as a best friend."

"It's okay... I know it, Habibah," and then he leaves me alone, just as he said. He doesn't even turn around anymore. I just hope I didn't hurt his feelings.

(Assalamualaikum. Next chapter is the wedding In sha Allah.. Who's excited? :) I am hehe. Ramadhan Kareem to all of you! May Allah accept our good deeds and forgive our sins. May Allah bless us always aamiin.. What's your plan for this blessed month, Ramadhan? Share your plans below. I'll be happy to read them! And lastly, thank you all for the great support and enthusiast. I'm sorry that I rarely update. My schedule is busy, considering the fact that igcse starts next year and I have to pack for the holiday xD Love you all! Wassalamualaikum...)