Rampant

AN: The POV's will change throughout this chapter, so look out.

Merly aka Raven's POV

Failure is something that is hard to process.

I've failed before.

Losing a few lives in the heat of a battle, you eventually grow used to feeling the guilt. But this time around is different.

No one got killed during this fight.

The problem is that if Thanos manages to get his hands on the time stone...then what's there left to fight for? He can use it to rewind the fight over and over and over again until he wins.

If Stephen were still here I would've asked him to look forward in time to see what our chances were of beating Thanos. He was our best advantage against Thanos.

Tony and Strange were our best defenders.

And we just lost them.

As of right now, Wanda and Vision are the only ones who might stand a chance against the mad Titan, but I don't want to risk their lives for a fight we are more than likely to loose.

But that doesn't mean we're giving up.

Not today.

"Liz, call Steve." I've been flying over the dark blue waters for a few minutes, with no destination still in mind.

Just cold disappointment and dread.

"Calling Captain Rogers..."

"Raven?"

Steve's voice sounds exhausted, maybe from all the missions he's been taking to keep himself busy. I told him over a million times that he doesn't need to overwork himself. Usually we're retrieving stolen vibranium weapons or other stolen weapons capable of mass destruction like lost pieces of the Iron Man armors and Iron legion.

I slump down my seat and set up the panel to input some new coordinates. "Please tell me you found them."

"We tracked them. They're in Scotland. I'll send you the coordinates."

The coordinates pop on the Quinjet's windshield and I type them in.

"I just saw the footage, what happened?"

He asks referring to the showdown we just had with some extraterrestrials.

"It all happened so fast." I sigh. "They overpowered us so easily."

"And the others? Tony?"

"Tony is still on that ship trying to save Strange." I answer. Steve stays silent for a moment.

"There's something you're not telling me."

Dammit. Nothing flies past this dude. I swear he has some sort of BS detector somewhere beneath his muscles.

"It's a long story. I'll tell you later." I sigh loudly and end the call.

I am so screwed now.

●●●●●●●

3rd person POV

Scotland

Pietro sat in his motel room, quietly playing a video game he recently purchased. There isn't much to do during the day due to the risk of being recognized as a wanted criminal. So for now he spends his days either training with the Spider-Woman or he plays video games.