Chapter 18 : The Pooja

Start from the beginning

Srishti stared at the house. Feeling all nervous. She couldn't believe that she was right there in front of his house again. Last time when she left she never thought she would get a chance to visit his house ever again. But today. She was right there. And she knew she was going to meet him. Again.

She walked towards the door with a nervous smile. Ganesh led her inside.

"Srishti. Thank you so much for coming"kumari held her cold hands.

"Hi srishti. I'm Shruthi. I'm Jai's sister. Hope you know me"Shruthi said. Making Srishti smile. 'Know' was a small word. Srishti had stalked almost every family member of Jais in her social media. Which very well included his sister. She never thought she would be meeting his family in person. Last time kumari was the only one she had to face. But this time. Meeting his complete family made her more nervous and scared.

"Hi"she smiled.

"You look so beautiful today Srishti"kumari smiled. Touching her cheeks.

"Thank you madam"she smiled and bent forward to take kumaris blessings. Shruthi was shocked. She knew her mother would be imagining Jais wedding scenarios with srishti inside her head. It made her chuckle. Srishti had managed to floor her down completely.

"No need for all this. Stay blessed always"kumari caressed her hairs.

"Come inside"Shruthi led her inside the house. Srishti walked inside. Tensed as hell. She held the end of her saree tightly. She looked around the decorations of the house. Looking breathtakingly amazing. It made her open her mouth in wonder.

Everybody's eyes fell on them as soon as they walked in. Jai felt too stunned and shocked. After seeing srishti there. It was right that for last few days he had been thinking about her. Even though he didn't admit it. He thought perhaps he's imagining her. But she was right there in front of him. That too in a saree. Looking breathtakingly gorgeous. Srishti widened her eyes and then lowered her head quickly. Feeling his gaze.

"Everybody. I want you all to meet srishti. She's the one who had saved Raju from that accident"kumari said. Making everyone smile and crowd around her.

"This is krishna. Jais uncle. And shalini his aunt. This is jais grandmother"kumari introduced srishti to everyone. Srishti took all their blessings. When she met them one by one. His grandmother was so glad that she could meet her.

Jai was shocked to respond. Shruthi noticed him. Looking all confused. He composed himself and decided to ask kumari about this. Directly.

He walked towards them. Srishtis eyes met his. Her heart beat quickened.

"Hey. Thank you for coming"he said. Making her smile lightly.

"Wel..come sir"

Before he could ask anything the pandit called everyone. For starting the pooja. He recited chantings while all the family members sat on the stage. Below the holy fire. Srishti sat in a corner with Shruthi. Jai sat with the kids.

Srishti prayed with her eyes closed. Meanwhile jai kept glancing at her from time to time.

"Rishi. Rishika..come here and place the garlands"kumari called out to the kids. Who rushed to help her. Shruthi got her opportunity.

"Sorry. I have to get something from upstairs. Hope you won't mind sitting with Annaya?"Shruthi asked to srishti. Who was expecting the least. Before srishti could say something. Shruthi walked away. She was sitting a bit far from jai. Although it seemed liked they were close enough.

Srishti didn't let anything invade her mind. She just closed her eyes and prayed. Meanwhile jai kept looking at her. From time to time. Kumari saw this. And she smiled inwardly. Feeling confident.

The pooja ended in half an hour. Everyone was distributed with ladoos as offerings. Jai saw srishti talking with the kids. Making them bite on her sweet. He smiled at her.

"You really look so cute. Are you a princess? Which is your palace?"Rishika asked. Making srishti chuckle.

"I'm not a princess. And I live a bit far away from here"srishti smiled at her.

"But you're so beautiful. I want to be beautiful like you"

"You're already so beautiful than me. What's your name?"

"I'm Rishika. And this is Rishi. My brother"

"So nice to meet you"srishti shaked their little palms.

Jai had an urgent call to make. He came back after finishing the call quickly so that he could talk to srishti. He saw her engrossed in a conversation with his grandmother. And chose not to disturb them. On the other side he was glad that his family was liking her.

His phone rang again. So he stepped outside to the garden. Fifteen minutes later he finished the call. When he was about to return. His eyes fell on srishti. Talking with someone over the phone. He decided to talk to her.

"Yes bhoomi. I told you I'm fine. I'll call you. Ask Amma not to get worried"

He waited for her to finish her call. She hung up after few minutes and turned to walk away. And gasped to find him behind her. Her heart stopped and she almost slipped her heels. When he came rushing. Holding her by her waist.

Srishti quickly moved back. Her heart started thudding vigorously.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you off like that. You okay?"he asked.

"Yeah"she nodded. He smiled

"Actually I never expected you to come. I mean..maa didn't even mention that she was inviting you for the pooja. I think it's great that you decided to come. Thank you so much"he said. She as usual didn't knew what to say. Or how to respond.

"Srishti..?"he called her. When she didn't speak up. She felt shivers. Hearing her name from his mouth

"I....I was....I thought of...umm.."srishti stammered. He understood that she was feeling tensed.

"So how did you feel after meeting my family. Seems like they'd liked you so well"jai smiled. Srishti smiled too. Looking at the ground.

"It was. Great meeting your..family sir"she said. Making him smile wide.

"So how's college going for you?"he asked after few seconds of awkward silence.

"Quite..good"she said.

"Sir. Kumari madam is calling you both to the hall to have dinner"a maid intruppted them. Jai nodded. Looking at srishti.

"Let's go?"

Srishti just nodded. And followed him.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Precap : Srishti leaves, Jais weird feelings

♡ Nila ♡