Chapter 10- Surprises

Start from the beginning

He stopped the car in the school’s parking lot. Ally was about to open the door when he cleared his throat from beside. She turned to look at him.

“You’re welcome.” He said looking back at her with a smile on his face.

“I didn’t say thank you.” She guessed he was indirectly asking her to thank him for dropping her off.

“I read your text from last night. Sorry I fell asleep.” He said scratching the back of his head.

“Oh. That’s okay.” Ally assured as they both got out and walked in their own direction. She was kind of surprised he apologized for passing out on her.

She stopped by her friends who were talking in the hallway. “Hey guys!” she greeted both of them,

“Hey mystery girl!” Becky said nudging her. Both Ally and Haley looked at her with completely confused expressions.

“Mystery Girl?”

“Hales, do you know that our Ally was the mystery girl who came with Cameron Miller today?” Becky told smirking at Haley. Ally was not surprised that Becky found out. She was the Queen of Gossips in her school. She always knew who was hooking up with whom.

Ally had no choice but to tell them the truth. They both looked at her with hope flashing in their eyes as she told them the whole story skipping the inappropriate details.

“Did you kiss him?” Haley blurted out after she finished telling them the whole incident.

“What? No! Why would I?”

“Because obviously he’s interested in you.” Becky said not believing Ally’s words.

A similar chirpy female caught her attention before she could answer. Ally looked to see Rebecca Scott, the head cheerleader and Cameron flirting with each other. Ally didn’t know her personally but from what she had heard, she was mean and self centered. She was blonde, pretty and smart enough to get any boy on his knees if she wanted to. That was enough for Ally to dislike her. Cameron was leaning on a locker smiling coyly at Rebecca as she was speaking something looking at him flirtatiously.

“Well, I think you should reconsider that. Turn around.” Ally said to both of her friends. They both turned around and looked at him.

“You know Rebecca. She is always flirting with everyone.” Haley assured her turning back around to face Ally.

“And it’s not like he’s flirting back with her.” Becky added. But Ally didn’t understand. If he was interested in her in anyway why would he flirt with Rebecca? Ally didn’t trust these kinds of guys.

She was about to say her thoughts but then she saw Jake coming through the doors. She watched as he came closer to her very slowly. Was it just her imagination that time seemed to slow down as she saw him walking down the hallway? He stopped right before Cameron’s locker and watched. He looked at Rebecca with disappointment evident on his face. He shook his head as if to shake away what he just saw and resumed walking. Her heart beat paced as he was coming closer to her.

Before passing by her, he looked up at Ally and smiled. She smiled back at him. She had an uneasy feeling in her stomach. There was no shine in his eyes today when he had smiled. She figured that he had smiled sadly. His upset face bothered her. Haley must have noticed it too as she said, “Whoa! Al, he smiled at you.”

“Yeah… but did you notice he looked upset?”

“Why wouldn’t he be? He just saw his ex girlfriend flirting shamelessly with some other guy.” Becky answered grabbing both of her friends’ attention.