Chapter 8 - Skype

Start from the beginning

"Yeah and that was a disaster." Harry mumbled under his breath and continued watching the video on my phone.

"How was that a disaster?" I asked. Like clockwork, before Harry could answer that, Niall walked past us wearing his 5 Seconds of Summer t-shirt.

"Later lads, I'm going over to 5sauce's bus to take selfies." Niall said without looking at us.

"Exhibit A." Harry grinned and pointed to Niall as he walked away from us. Perrie shook her head in disbelief.

"Well, don't tell Louis this because you know how sensitive he is about privacy. I'm not just randomly looking for videos to watch. The famous Katie and Emily in that video." I said as I pointed to the phone in Harry's hand.

"What?!" Harry and Perrie shouted, nearly in unison.

"How did you find that?" Perrie looked up from the phone at me.

"It wasn't hard." I shrugged. "I just Googled her full name written on her Twitter page."

"They're both lovely." Harry said while in a trance watching the video. "They have nearly 200 videos on their channel. Why hasn't Louis looked for this yet?"

Katie's POV:

I never, ever thought Louis Tomlinson would ask me to Skype with him. Ever. In a million years. Were we really friends like he said? I didn't even know what to say. Do I say yes? I'm not very secure about myself. What Makes You Beautiful has taught me nothing honestly. If I say no I'm sure Angel, Emily, and Sasha will scold the hell out of me. Actually what do I have to lose? I don't have any friends now that I can't talk to Emily whenever I want. I'm gonna have suck up my insecurites and throw myself waaaaaay out of my comfort zone and say...

"Me: How do I find you on Skype?"

It was literally a matter of seconds before Louis wrote me back.

"Louis_Tomlinson: What's your Skype name, love?"

"Me: QueenKatieD"

"Louis_Tomlinson: That's cute :)"

"Me: Why thank you XD"

Suddenly I didn't feel so uncomfortable.

That was, until I got the notification in about 2 minutes that said Louis had added me as a contact on Skype. Then I freaked out because that can only mean one thing is next...

"Video call request from Louis Tomlinson"

Jesus Christ.

Is he out of his mind? Am I out of my mind? What am I doing? Why am I doing this? I can't do this?! Is this really happening?!

How I wished I could text Emily for advice.

I sprang out of bed, grabbed my brush and brushed my hair vigorously for moment. Then I looked at myself in the mirror, unhappy with what I saw but it didn't matter. It was too late to back out of this now. I sat back down on the bed, took a deep breathe, looked at my dog who was sleeping on the floor in front of the bed, and clicked the answer button.

There he was.

It was actually him.

His smiling face filled my screen. He was sitting on his bed as well. There was probably only one light on in the room because it looked quite dark but definitely bright enough to clearly make out who he was. He was just sitting there in a gray t-shirt, looking totally confident and perfect as usual. I wish I could be like that.

We were literally staring at each other, smiling and not saying a single word. Then, finally, he broke into laughter to ligthen the situation.

"This is so awkward. Um, hi Katie." The way he said my name...I just...oh wait, before you get lost in the moment, you should say something in response, Katie.