Chapter 8 - Victory with a Price

After looking at each other, worried with fear of what happened, we ran and exited the room. We continued running down the hall and down the stairs with Tana leading us. We were suddenly halted by Tana. I was behind Mabel who was in front of me. I couldn't see their faces, but I could tell she had a look of fear. I turned and positioned myself low to get a better look at what they saw. There was a giant hole on the side of the building. I looked on with horror, as I saw some ETB soldiers laying in random spots, dead amongst the rubble. Looking past the hole, I saw the rest of the group gathered facing a man who was facing back at them. He was in a black slim trench coat and had black long hair. Sabre and everyone was panting and looked worn out.

Tana moved slowly off the stairs cautiously, holding her sword. Mabel and I followed, doing the same. I got a clearer view of the man and he was standing next to NULL, which was now broken. There were dark marks on the ground from where the NULL was. That would explain what caused the explosion. A part of the NULL from the inside of it was glowing. The man turned to see us, revealing that he had pasty white skin and black eyes. I also noticed that he was wielding a giant black sword. He turned slightly to see us position ourselves behind him, weapons at the ready. I started to feel weak, making me pant, but it was different from before. I looked over to see Mabel and Tana breath heavy as well.

'What is going on?' I wondered.

"Well, look who it is. If it isn't the new cast, Tana," The man spoke with a grin.

Tana replied through her teeth, "Master Dark. I thought I destroyed you."

'So, this was Master Dark? The one that tries to bring back Dark Vanquisher all the time?' I thought.

"Can't really kill a Shadow Being, sweetie," Sabre said from the other side.

"Your dad is right. I can't be killed," Dark confirmed, still smiling big.

Dark then put his hand on the Null and energy started to be absorbed into his body. He didn't look tired at all.

"So, your plan was to take over The Resurrect? How original," Vlaykre thought.

"The Joygate company. I was finishing up with taking it from there as you were sneaking into the building. Why do you think there weren't any security guards on duty?" Dark answered.

"You killed them," Tana guessed.

Master Dark looked at her with an evil smirk. The energy finished being absorbed and Dark was radiating strong dark energy. Tana looked mad as she stood up and dashed towards Master Dark, ready to strike with her sword. I quickly dashed towards dark as well and slowed downtime. It was my turn to save Tana. As soon as I got ahead of her, I continued time normally and began to swing my sword. Dark stepped back and blocked my attack with his sword. Tana stopped for a second to process what happened. I was surprised that the dark was still able to do that. Dark then pushed me back as I saw his eyes turn to Tana, who was dashing towards dark. As I flew backward, Dark quickly threw his hand up and grabbed her sword. I landed and waited to see what he would do next. He was so fast somehow. Dark gripped Tana's sword tight and snapped it in half. He then grabbed her and threw him hard into the ground, creating a small crater.

Dark then picked her up by the throat. She gasped and coughed for air. As he turned towards the others, he threw her hard in that direction, sending her flying through the air. Sabre was able to get in the way and grab her. The momentum pushed him back with her and Sabre hit a tree behind him, halting them. They both then fell to the ground and lay up against the tree. I was speechless and motionless. I couldn't believe how strong and fast he was.