Chapter 2: Third Young Master

It had been three days since Xu Hui Jin last slept

It had been three days since Xu Hui Jin last slept. Three days since he had yet to check in with the Ministry of Defense. And, three days since he had last seen his foolish sister.

The young san shaoyang could barely contain his temper as the events of three nights prior resurfaced. That foolish Xu Nian Zhen! Her arrogance and greed had brought much shame to the Xu family, not to mention had cost their father face! Heaven knows just how hard it was to keep her blunder a secret. The efforts both he, dage, and fuqin had put together to make sure there was no leak of the scandal had cost them all to lose sleep over the matter. Her horrific feat with Ba Huangzi nearly flew Hui Jin's soul out of his body. He could not, for the life of him, even begin to understand where his meimei's foolishness stemmed from. He had always disliked her haughty countenance to begin with. After her humiliating act with Prince Li, he more or less loathed the girl. Who cares if she was Rongyao's most beautiful xiaojie and could cause empires to fall? All he saw was a brat spoiled rotten!

"San shaoye." someone called, snapping him out of his fury.

Qing Feng, Xu Hui Jin's most trusted servant, stared at him pointedly. He gestured towards the porcelain his master was holding. Hui Jin realized his grip had caused a crack to form, the vein-like fissure distorting the cup's pristine surface. This caused the young master to sigh and put it down, signalling Qing Feng to take it away.

Due to her foolery, Xu Nian Zhen had been grounded in the Southern courtyard. Even their father, known for his benevolence and patience that resembled buddha, had finally snapped. No one was allowed to speak to Nian Zhen after the disgrace she had commited. The few servants who knew of the matter naturally kept their mouth shut and so the family's rumor of the Xu da xiaojie contracting an illness was easily accepted. However, Hui Jin could not be calm. Despite his anger, he was worried. That night, Zhen-er's body was as cold as ice and she had stopped breathing. Though the physician had said she was fine, he felt his heart fall with the thought of that night.

Funny how his priorities would shift.

"Qing Feng." He mumured slowly. "I've decided to rest some more therefore I do not like to be disturbed. Tell off anyone who dares come into my room."

Naturally, the clever Qing Feng understood his master's desires. "This servant shall stand guard outside. San shaoye should rest easy."

Xu Hui Jin got up and walked over to an open window. Checking to see if the coast was clear, he climbed out unseen. It was time he paid his meimei a visit.

Xu Nian Zhen stared at her reflection in the mirror. She could not, until now, believe that this face belonged to her. She was beautiful! In her previous life her looks were decent, yet here she was staring at a face capable of making cities crumble.

White porcelain skin, clear almond eyes and features carved out of jade. Truly, this face did not disappoint. She could now understand why the previous Nian Zhen had been arrogant.