twenty-six

ZHOU YANCHEN POV

"I saw Mingzhu at the pub the other night," Xiao Gui brought the topic up, throwing one of the darts. "You still haven't spoken to her?"

"She blocked me," I replied, playing with one of my figurines. "Where's Xingjie?"

"I thought you didn't want to see him?" Ruibin asks, coming out of the bathroom.

I bit my lip, "He's not coming?"

"Huba's busy," Xiao Gui answered, looking out the window. "She's here,"

I stood up, realizing what he meant. The door swung open revealing Li Shuzhen with Zhou Rui.

"You wanted to talk to me?" Shuzhen asked, sitting down on a chair.

Zhou Rui wiped his sweat, "It wasn't easy persuading her to come."

"Thanks, Rui-ge," Yanchen smiled and faced Shuzhen. "You said that night you didn't want to get back together."

Shuzhen shook her head, "I didn't but Mingzhu asked me. I think she started having feelings for you and knowing that it was all an act to make me jealous, she decided to let you go and end this role play."

Xiao Gui snapped his fingers, "I knew it."

"Yanchen, what are you going to do now?" Ruibin questioned.

Yanchen tapped his fingers, trying to come up with an idea how to take Mingzhu back, "I tried talking to Zimo and he wouldn't budge. I'm running out of options,"

"Maybe Shuzhen can help us then," Zhou Rui suggests as the three boys look at her.

Xiao Gui raised his eyebrow, "What's she going to do?"

Zhou Rui smiled, "She's going to be our key to help Yanchen get his girl back."

"How?" Ruibin asked the older one.

"Because she's the only one who can get into Zimo's thick headed brain."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

Shuzhen rolled her eyes, waiting for Qin Zimo. He was joining a cosplay event the next day and she offered to help him buy some make up.

"What took you so long?!" Shuzhen asked, getting annoyed as soon as Zimo walked over to her.

"Why are girls so over dramatic?" Zimo whispered.

Shuzhen walked off to the nearest shop and asked for a lip tint.

"Aren't you supposed to be helping me?" Zimo asked.

"I'm trying it out," She answered, looking at the mirror and putting some on her lips. "This isn't your color."

"Is this gonna take long? Can we just buy something that looks good on me?"

"Why? Don't you wanna hang out with me first?"

"I'm afraid I'll get killed before that even happens," The boy replied, shivering in fear.

Shuzhen laughed, "Relax, Zimo. You're such a kid,"

"Huh? Me a kid? Who fell into the 2 ft part of the pool and cried the whole way home?" Zimo countered.

Shuzhen pointed a finger at him, "Hey, I almost hit my head that time and you're one to talk. Who threw a tantrum when he couldn't get his sailor moon doll?"

"Never insult sailor moon, you vile woman!"

Shuzhen was about to reply when the salesclerk was laughing in front of them, "You two are a cute couple."

Both of them sighed, looking at the clerk. Well, this isn't the first time they were mistaken as a couple.

"We're not a couple," Zimo explained, putting the lip tint back.

Shuzhen scoffed, "As if I'll ever date the likes of you,"

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

They finished buying everything Zimo needed and decided to hang out in the food court.

"So, what's up with you? You started ignoring me when you dated Yanchen and now you contact me again?" Zimo asked Shuzhen.

"You're the one who broke contact with me!" The girl argued.

Zimo slumped back on his chair, "I had to. Or else he'll be looking for you. It's best if we act like we don't know each other."

"How are you, Zimo? How's your foster parents?"

"They've been treating me nicely. Unlike the ones we had who almost killed us,"

Shuzhen nodded, pushing the past away from her thoughts. "Anyway, back to the problem at hand. Have you talked to Mingzhu? Did she tell you anything about Yanchen?"

Zimo tightened his grip on the water bottle, "If you mean hearing her talk about how much she loves him, then yes."

"Zimo, I'm sorry. I know how much you like her," The girl whispered, comforting her close friend.

"Nevermind that. Now, tell me the real reason why you called me?"

Shuzhen smirked, "I can never lie to you, can I? I know this might sound selfish and hurtful to you, but can you find it in your heart to forgive Yanchen and let him be with Mingzhu?"

"Why would I do that?"

"Don't you want Mingzhu to be happy? Don't you miss seeing her smile all the time?"

Zimo quietly stood up and turned his back on Shuzhen.

"Zim!" Shuzhen called out her nickname for him. "I know it's hard for you but think about it. Maybe letting her go, can be a start in finding your own happy ending."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

i'm thinking of making a zimo fic based on his character here. I already wrote some of his backstory.

What do you guys say? Haha

I think my salted fish deserves to have his happy ending haha or maybe his happy ending is with me 😂❤

YES ZIMO IS MINE HAHAHAHAH LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE WASTED MINGZHU LMAO JK