|19|

The choked cries from the bathroom stall became muffled after what Dustin said.

Dustin frowned, all his own worries being suppressed for the time being as he continuously knocked on the door.

"I said go away!" The voice was hoarse, probably from crying.

"Puck...?" Dustin frowned.

"I don't need this right now, Dustin- e-especially from you." Puck hissed.

"Especially from me?"

"Yes!" Puck sighed in an annoyed way.

"What do you- what do you mean?" Dustin leaned against the stall-door.

"Isn't it obvious...?" Puck leaned against the other side.

"Some things are obvious but- it's still scary to say them..." Dustin slid down against the door so he was sitting against the bottom part of it, half his back visible from the gap at the bottom.

Puck was quiet as she did the same, sitting on the other end.

"You okay...?" Dustin murmured.

"I don't see the point in keeping anything- I don't even s-see the point in-" Puck chuckled hysterically, "Crying over these kinds of things- god! It's frustrating!" Puck stood up suddenly, brashly opening the stall door so Dustin fell onto his back, looking up at Puck who's face was contorted from cries, "You're frustrating, Dustin Kropp!"

Dustin furrowed his brow, scrambling onto his knees and looking up at Puck once again, "You're the one being- c-confusing right now!" He got up to his feet, looking at Puck accusingly.

Puck's eyebrows knitted into an expression of confusion before she walked past Dustin towards one of the sinks, pressing the top of one of the faucet-heads so water would pour out, she took some up in her hands and rubbed them from the top to the bottom of her face, holding her hands to the edges of the sink, "I couldn't do the second act- it's not even over. They're just having to do without a Puck right now...they'll manage though..."

Dustin frowned, heading to the sink next to her and leaning against it, "Why'd you do that?"

"I- how could I? I was..." Puck looked at Dustin, "Where's your date?"

"My date...?" Dustin's own reality crashed into his head and he folded his arms, looking down, "Gone."

Puck scoffed, "Figures."

Dustin shook his head slightly in confusion and looked at Puck, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"She's Jenna Rolland." Puck rolled her eyes, leaning against her own sink with her hip, arms folded as well, "She did it for attention, that way she could have a brilliant promposal which she could post about and then an actual date so she wouldn't have to go alone- she doesn't actually care about you, Dustin, you had to have known that." Puck's eyes narrowed.

"Wh- no- no. You don't-" Dustin glared, "You don't know that!" Why did he care? God, this was idiotic, he was yelling at Puck.

"Yes! Yes I do!" Puck's fists clenched and she made her way over to Dustin, glaring up at him, "You're being so ignorant right now! You can't even tell how people feel about you!"

"Yeah? And you can? Then tell me, Puck! Your character fucks with people's emotions, go ahead and tell me, how do I feel? Or is this just about how you feel? Because you don't even know what my plan was!" Dustin bit back.

"I know exactly how I feel!" Puck yelled back, raising a fist to point an angry finger at Dustin, "How about you?"

Dustin tilted his head down with a slight glare which softened for a moment when he saw the pained expression fading over the anger on Puck's face, "Why does- why does that matter? If you're so sure h-how I feel, wh-why don't you just decide for me? How you feel? How I feel? You don't even know how you feel right now, do you? You're in a bathroom for who knows-"

Puck grabbed Dustin's face and pulled him into a kiss.