|15|

Dustin's thoughts seemed to be having a mental battle with him for the rest of the day; for the first time ever, Dustin was forcing himself to think about Jenna...it was the oddest thing ever...usually he had to force himself not to think about Jenna so that he didn't feel uncomfortable, however, in this case, Dustin simply continued to find their way to...Puck...

Dustin blushed every time he realized he was thinking about the girl, a reaction previously reserved for Jenna, but now reacting to someone new...the problem was, Dustin didn't want to like Puck.

Well, this wasn't exactly true, Dustin was fine with liking Puck, it was just...it seemed so easy to like Jenna now because he finally thought that she liked him back...and Puck most likely didn't, and if he ruined their friendship, it would be disastrously awkward...Puck was amazing, but she didn't seem like the kind of person who would like somebody like Dustin...it was always a possibility, but-

"Mr.Kropp, could you please pay attention?"

Dustin was jerked from his thoughts when the teacher personally called him out, causing his face to go bright red and his mind to shut off, "Y-yes, ma'am."

His classmates snickered before the teacher cleared her throat and continued with whatever lesson she was teaching, Dustin had no idea what lesson that was, the confusion of his thoughts were building a barrier around his mind, making it an inescapable way to think.

He needed to get to some sort of conclusion, but wasn't quite sure how.

Jenna was a great person...but she also seemed to lack as much empathy as she could have...

Puck was great too,
But Dustin was fairly sure she liked the same gender- in which case...how would that work?
Was she pan-sexual? Hadn't she said she was at some point? No?
Dustin wasn't quite sure...

He continued to weigh out his options.

Jenna's laugh was rare and Dustin was able to see it.
But Puck's wasn't and it sounded like a song.
Jenna was popular.
Puck was genuine.
Jenna hung out with popular people.
Puck didn't hang out with people who made fun of transgenders.
Jenna...
Puck was always there for him.
Jenna..
Puck accepted him.
Jenna.
Puck was amazing.
Jenna...Dustin didn't like Jenna.

Dustin's face grew hot again as he came to this conclusion while still trying to keep his eyes on the board as to not draw attention to himself by averting his gaze.

He had to do something about this.
But how?

What could possibly-

"Don't forget to buy your tickets to the dance tomorrow! All sales are final opening night but we've got a discount today for last minute buyers!" The teacher called out the reminder will sarcastic enthusiasm.

Dustin perked up that's it.