Chapter 26 part 1

Beginne am Anfang

The rest of the day goes by fast and i notice erik is kind of stand offish and gets extremely quiet. When the bell rings dismissing the class erik and kendall stay behind to clean up and i let them know ill be in the office talking to his principle who also wanted to speak about kendalls academic behavior.

Many of the littl kids even ones who ive never seen before say bye to me and i smile at each of them and tell them individually have a good day while i make my way to the office.

"Hello Mrs. Stevens its nice to finally talk to you" the principle says extending his hand. I take in his tan skin, slicked back graying hair wide frame and very expensive suit. Wait did he just call me Mrs. Stevens? I was going to kill erik. He ushers me into his office and i notice how self absorbed this man is. Theres pictures of himself everywhere and his name is on everything. I take a seat across from him in the purple velour chair and he grins as he sits in his seat doing a spin in it before facing me.

"I want to say its nice to meet you but maybe on different terms and a different day," i say in a stern voice and watch as his overly cocky demeanor drops. "I was told my son was misbehaving, calling out and being disrespectful my...husband and i had to come here and miss class because a teacher you hired feels threatened by an 11 year old boy.

Now principal daniels listen your uneducated and unprepared teacher is just about as ignorant as they come, ok? Shes been teaching those kids wrong things and had it not been for my son correcting her i can only imagine what these students test scores would look like, and im sure you wouldnt want that because im sure if the board hears... you can lose your job" i grin standing up and adjust my shirt before grabbing my purse off his desk.

"Oh and next time yall call me down here for the childishness of your employee, who i wont even dare call a teacher because shes bitter my baby is smarter then her and doing her job, or kendall feels he's being picked on by your belligerent and discorteous staff i wont be so nice, understand" i question rhetorically watching as he just stares with a dropped jaw as i walk out and make sure to slam the door.

"Well its been a while since ive seen you" a deep voice says and i turn my head sligtly to see chadwick with a huge grin on his face and i send him one to match meeting him in a hug.

"Hey chadwick, its been like a month how are you?" I ask noticing how much he smells just like t'challa and i almost frown when we pull away because i miss him.

"Im great actually, i just had to come pay for the feild trip thats in two weeks what you doing up here?" He ask standing against the desk and i lean against it as well.

"That bitter ass teacher that tried to say my son was misbehaving when in all actuality she was teaching them false information so him being as smart as he is corrected her" i tell him becoming livid all over again just thinking about it. He takes a step back and holds his hands up in mock defense.

"Alright now! they say you should never mess with a mama bears cubs and i definately see why now. Ive never heard you curse before either, so i know its real" he says and i nod taking a deep breath.

"Yeah well let me go find him and make sure he's alright and not in trouble, it was great seeing you again" i smile and he hugs me one last time except this time when i pull away erik and kendall are walking in the office.

"Yeah ill see you later" he nods before saying "whats up" to kendall who glares at him and i shake my head pulling him out the door. Erik was carrying his book bag and had some paper that looked like a permission slip in his hand and kendall was shoving a bunch of fruit snacks in his mouth.