Introduce yourself

*gameshop above the hackerspace*

I closed my laptop and looked out the window into the street. Took a sip out of my coffee (which had a bit of whisky in it) and thought 'damn that's some good whisky'.

*phone buzzes*
I look down at my phone, 'shit my VPN is down'. I open up my laptop again and try and see who the fuck is messing around with my computer.
I notice that the VPN is simple turned off so I turn it back on again... But suddenly a video pops up. It looks like one of the videos I've been seeing on the news about the hacker group called dedsec. So I grab my earphones and press play on the video...

"Congratulations, you have been chosen for a invitation to our hackerspace to do a test to see whether you are worthy enough to be a dedsec member. If you fail the test, we will just simply kick you out of the hackerspace and keep your laptop for evidence of who you are. If you succeed, you will become a member of dedsec and will earn the access to the hackerspace. You have 3 hours to accept goodluck."

'holy shit I gotta try this out' I click close on the video and then notes open. There's a new note and it says...
'Gary's Games & Glory, go to the back and type the code 504278.'

'That's the gameshop I'm in now fuck yeah I don't have to walk anywhere.' I pack up all my stuff, pull my black medical mask back on and get up to go to the back area. As I walk over I notice that there's a survalience camera that's following me as I walk, I just figure it's doing its planned moves and keep going.
As I reach the door in the back I notice the keypad and type in the code that was on notes and enter when the door opens.
I'm greeted with a graffiti middle finger as I enter 'nice' I thought as I turned to walk down the stairs to my right.

As I walk down I hear a robotic voice say "Welcome earthling!" And as the robot says that I notice that it isn't a robot and it's a person with a cool looking mask on.

"Hey nice mask, I'm here cause I got a video and note on my computer to come here for some test?"

"Well you've come to the right place, you're lucky you got invited. You were one of the few who weren't just some random script kiddie." Says a women with paint all over her clothes, and black hair with purple ends.

Feeling slightly confused I ask "oh so is this some sort of recruitment thing"

The woman replied "that's exactly what it is. I'm Sitara and this robot sounding weirdo is Wrench" as she introduced wrench he held up a peice sign and his digital mask made a face looking like this: (0-o)

Wrench looks at me and looking confused and asks "well aren't you gonna introduce yourself?" (?_?)

"Oh shit I forgot, (y/n) nice to meet ya."

Wrench bows to me and Sitara just walks up to me with a hard drive.
"This is your test. We've managed to retrieve some encrypted files from Haum. We need you to decrypt them. You got 3 hours."

I take the hard drive and sit at a table that is just covered with all sorts of hardware. I open my laptop connect the hard drive and notice that there's over 500 files. 'Holy shit this is gonna take a bit'

*2 hours later*"File 495 done!" I yell out and then get back straight to work

*2 hours later*
"File 495 done!" I yell out and then get back straight to work.

"What the flipping duck she's good" says wrench. "I know that's why I chose her I just wanted to see how good" replied Sitara.

"DONE, FINALLY DONE WOO!" I yell standing up from my chair smiling. "Does this mean I'm in, apart of dedsec?" I say excitedly with adrenaline running through me.

Sitara and wrench look at eachother and both say "You're in!" They both come in to hug me and shake my hand and Sitara adds "you'll meet Marcus, Josh and horatio soon, they're just out doing whatever the fuck they do."

"So what do you guys need me to do? I'm pretty good at engineering stuff so I'm cool with working on that kinda stuff if you need."

Wrench's eyes get really happy (^_^) "oh my gosh (y/n), you gotta come to my garage I have so much awesome stuff there that needs to be destroyed! And OH wrench jr, you need to meet him... He's my son. (0_0)"

I stare for a second 'shit I hate kids' i thought. "Oh you have a son, how old?"

Sitara laughs, "don't worry (y/n) you'll learn wrench's weird ass humour soon"

Wrench grabs you hand and drags you to the exit whilst skipping. "you're gonna love being apart of dedsec. Welcome to our alien world"

THE END

_______________________________
This is my first ever story so sorry if it's shit lmao (^_^)

ALL PHOTOS, VIDEOS AND ARTWORKS ARE NOT MINE, CREDIT TO THE OWNERS!