Chapter 2

I woke up stiff and sore from sleeping in the car the whole night, I'm sure having the crap beat out of me last night didn't help my case much either. It was still to early for any of the other students to be at the school so I took the opportunity to get myself cleaned up before school started. I wasn't an athlete but I knew that there were showers in the girls locker room and I didn't think anybody would notice if I used them before everyone else got to school.

I let the hot water run over my stiff and sore body, loosening all my tense muscles, I was finally starting to feel normal again so I quicky washed my hair and shaved my legs and got out of the shower. I hurriedly toweled myself dry and dressed in pair of skinnies and a black tank top with a purple hoodie.

I went to the mirror to put some make-up on and do something about my hair, and that's when I got the first look at my face. I looked even worse than it felt, and it felt terrible. The entire left side of my face from my chin to the top of my now busted eyebrow was entirely bruised a dark black and blue, I think that my jaw might even be cracked from how intense the pain was. I tried to cover it up the best I could but the swelling and bruising was still easily visible, and I sighed in resignation at the thought of having to wear my hood all day long. After finishing up with all the make-up, I quickly ran my fingers through my still damp hair and headed to my first-period class, english. Although I was about thirty minutes early I didn't really have anything better to do and I definitely didn't want to spend another minute in my car, especially after last night. I put my headphones on and turned my ipod on to My Chemical Romance and laid my head down on the desk in an attempt to get a little extra sleep before class started.

I woke up to the sound of the bell ringing for the beginning of class, everybody was already in thier seats. My english teacher was a bit unorthadox, she wasn't the typically teacher who did everything exactly by the book, she was telling us about a reading assignment we would be doing in groups over any Anne Rice novel we chose when there was a knock on the door.

And guess who walked in........

"hi......my name's Hunter Loki. Is this senior english?"

"yes, hunter this is senior english. I'm Mrs. Tilson and I'm the literature teacher, I was just beginning the lesson dear you can have a seat in the back row next to Alayne over there"

"thankyou Mrs. Tilson"

Quickly Hunter made his way over to where I was sitting and took a seat. Mrs. Tilson started giving the lecture, and Hunter and I started talking.

"So........I tried to call you last night, but I think I must have dialed the wrong number " he said to me.

"why do you say that ?' I questioned, slightly worried at what his response might be especially after last night's events

"well, when I asked if I could speak with you the guy who answered the phone just laughed and hung up" he responded, " so I was wondering if you could write it down again for me cuz i think I might have misread it or something"

"ummm......well you see, i kinda have a slight problem there, I can't really give you my number cuz I don't really have a phone anymore" I nervously said, hoping that I wouldn't have to lie to him. Fortunately, he filled in the blanks for me.

" oh it's cool, I understand. My parents use to revoke my phone priveleges all the time. No big deal, it's not like I can't talk to you at school or something "

Hunter POV

I could tell that my question had made her uncomfortable, I could sense that she wasn't telling me everything as she aswered. But I didn't want to press the issue.

" oh it's cool, I understand. My parents use to revoke my phone priveleges all the time. No big deal, it's not like I can't talk to you at school or something "