Chapter Five

Hunter's POV

How did things get so fucked up so fast?
       I never, in a million years would have thought things would go this way. I never thought I'd be alpha so soon, never thought I'd be argueing with my dad about me wanting to finish school, and I absolutely didn't think I would meet my mate and completely obliterate any chance I ever had with her.
        My dad didn't care about anything anymore. After my mom died he pulled away from everything. At least he had the sense to step down as Alpha before he ran the pack completely into the ground. I didn't want to pick up the slack and take over as Alpha so soon. Hell, I was the youngest Alpha in a hundred years! That didn't mean I hadn't earned my position in the pack though. I had to fight in the challenge just like every other wolf who thought they were worthy of the title. After winning the challenge there was no doubt in anyone's mind that I was the rightful leader of the Silver Falls pack.
             The only one who ever questioned me was my father. It seemed I was the only thing left for him to care about and right now he's decided to care about the fact that I'd decided to take the GED and leave school.

"I don't see why it matters!" I said

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT DOESN'T MATTER! HOW ARE YOU GOING TO GET IN TO COLLEGE WITHOUT A DIPLOMA?", my dad bellowed. He's literally the only person on planet Earth I'd let yell at me. That doesn't mean my wolf isn't begging to challenge him.

"Look dad, I'm not planning on going to college. The GED is enough. I've been running the pack and the businesses successfully for the last year. I don't need college to keep doing what I've been doing. Spending time in a high school or college is just taking away from time I could be dedicating to the pack." I told him.
           My dad sighed in resignation, " I don't like it, this isn't what your mother would have wanted for you. But your right, it is taking away from the pack. Do what you think is best."
           "This is the best thing for the pack Dad". It was partially the truth. I wasn't about to tell him that I met my mate and fucked everything up so badly that I thought it would be better if she never had to see me again.