13. Thank you, fate, really. You're helping out so much.

Start from the beginning

"Yes!" a girl shot up to her feet, not hiding her excitement. She looked at me, playing with her hair, "You have to help organizing the books in the library after class,"

"What?" I asked in shock, "But this class ends at 9 pm. I'll be home so late,"

Another girl spoke, "That's why it's called punishment."

A guy stared at me with pity, "Pay attention next time."

I opened my mouth to protest but Evan continued with his class as if nothing had happened. As if he hadn't just complicated my night ten times over. He couldn't force me to stay here, right? Besides, the library had to be close at that time. I had no idea of this school library schedule but I was sure it wasn't 24 hours service.

The class went by smoothly; we had a workshop where I had to work with Linda, the girl sitting behind me. I had to turn my seat to give my back to the teacher which was okay by me. Anything to avoid that intense stare of his.

Surprisingly, Linda was really nice and smart. She was into writing as much as I was. Evan told us to write a short poem and exchanged it between us, the purpose was to evaluate and edit the other person's work. Linda wrote a cute poem about a shy girl in a park while I was scratching my brain to come up with something. I wasn't in my best mood to write. Every time I started my poem, I would describe the hotness of my teacher.

"You okay there?" Linda gave me a sympathetic smile, watching my struggle.

I sighed, "Not really," I dropped my pen, rubbing my temples. She pulled her brown curls off her face, tying them up in a ponytail.

"Alright," she started as I watched her in confusion, "I know it's hard to focus when you have that Greek God as a teacher,"

"How do you know-"

"I've been there. You think you're the first one having a hard time concentrating here?" she asked casually, gesturing the girls in the classroom, "It was hard in the beginning but you'll get used to it. Trust me,"

I narrowed my eyes at her, "I heard you sigh before,"

She looked guilty for a second, "Oh yeah, that doesn't mean I don't check him out often," I couldn't bring myself to feel jealous for some reason. Linda seemed like a nice person. Besides, she wasn't talking about loving him or anything. She just found him hot and I couldn't blame her for it.

"Has he been teaching here for a while?" I had to ask.

Linda shook her head, "No, he started out last week. Mr. Norman is ill so he's replacing him for some time,"

"Oh," something didn't click here. Why would Evan come all the way from Rivertown to work here?

"I'm not complaining. He can stay as long as he wants," Linda added, smiling dreamily.

"Yeah," I said absentmindedly.

"Anyway, you need to close your eyes and take three long breaths," she instructed seriously, I closed my eyes, taking my first breath, "Forget where you are. Forget about every single person in this room. You're alone in a white, empty room. Feel the fresh air brushing your skin. You're free there, no more worries or trouble. You are okay. Breathe in and out slowly, you are free, Jules." Her words calmed my overworking mind, "Look at the white walls at your sides, grab a pen," I was following her instructions closely; "Don't you feel those walls are too white?" I nodded, "Don't you feel like writing on them?" I nodded again, "Then do it, create."

Let me tell you one thing, Linda is awesome.

Her advice worked just fine. As soon as I finished writing on the walls in my mind, I opened my eyes and wrote down the poem on my paper. I found myself having fun in the class. Linda's small therapy had released some tension from me. I laughed when people started reciting their poems quite dramatically. Evan explained a lot about poetry, stanzas, rhythm. He certainly knew what he was talking about, the guy was a great poet.