18) Say Yes

I was on my way to the park, it was empty and dark. The only person who was there was Momo, standing near the edge of the pond. Even when she was standing there she looked beautiful.
I walked up to her and waved to her, she waved back.
"Hi, Dahyun." She fixed her hair.
I returned with a hi.
"Why did you want to meet here?" She asked.
I didn't know if I should ask her now or start a conversation.

Then I remembered what Chaeyoung said to me.
"Just be yourself, if she starts to ask about your name just tell her. If she doesn't like the way you are then she doesn't deserve you. Just tell her your feelings."

"Do you feel any different about me because of what happened?" I asked her.
"Other than you're the CEO's daughter, but no."
"What if I say my true feeling about you."
"What do you mean?" Momo asked.
I took a deep breath.
"I like you Momo, since the start I couldn't take my eyes off of you, I may be the CEO's daughter but I'm still the same person you've met." I continued.
"So I'm asking you, would you go to prom with me?"
There was silence.

"I don't care if the media is always around, or that you're rich, I would always say yes." She smiled.
I blushed a little, also I was screaming in my head.
She didn't care what I was, but who I am. I truly knew that she cared about me.
"I'll see you at 7:00." She kissed me on the cheek.
My face became so hot all of the sudden, I was almost about to faint.

Two hours till the prom starts, I told Momo to wait for me inside. The girls helped me to put on my dress and they did my hair.
"You look so pretty." Nayeon smiled.
I looked at myself in the mirror, I could see them behind me smiling.
Jihyo gave me the mask.
"Let's go!" Sana exclaimed.

We arrived at the school, we could see students arriving with their dates and friends looking fancy. I already had my disguise on, Nayeon and Jeongyeon were going together so did Sana and Tzuyu and Chaeyoung and Mina. Jihyo in the other hand wanted to keep the prom intact.
As we stepped inside the school and into the dance hall, I saw her standing there.

Momo was by the snack table with some fruit punch. I could tell that she was looking for me, I could suddenly feel myself about to faint, but Chaeyoung held me up and smiled at me.
"Go to her." She said, almost pushing me.
What do I do?
What do I say?
"Just ask if she wants to dance." Jihyo spoke like she was reading my mind.

I took a deep breath and walked up to her.
"Would you like to dance with me?" I asked and at the same time a slow song came on.
Momo blushed and took my hand, the others came and joined in with the dance.
I took a look at each of my friends and I was happy, then I looked back at Momo.
"I've always loved you." I said.
"I know, I'm sorry how I acted."
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you the truth."
Our eyes locked and I could feel her heartbeat.
Before you know it we came closer and closed the gap between us.
I felt her lips touch mine.

Suddenly we pulled apart, everyone in the room looked in shock, people were mumbling and taking their phones out.
"It's Yoon Mirae!" Someone shouted.