16) Why I Broke Up With You

You hate me don't you, I don't care. I would rather you hate me than to get hurt.

I jolted upwards, my friends were surrounding me, they too jolted up. My surroundings were in a hospital bed.
"Dahyun!" Chaeyoung shouted hugging me.
I groaned and gently pushed her away and held my side where the wound of the knife was.
The others came in closer.
"What were you thinking?!" Jihyo seemed angry but concerned.
"I-I had no choice." I said while still regaining consciousness.
After that my parents came, they both came in to hug me while avoiding the wound.
"Are you okay?" My mom held my face in her hands and checked all sides.
I nodded.

"We should give Dahyun more rest." My dad suggested.
"Can I have a moment with Dahyun, please?" Sana asked while the others accepted and left the room.
I was confused why she wanted to talk to me.
"What's wrong Sana?" I asked concerning her.
"Do you know why I broke up with you?"
I shook my head.

"I broke up with you because I only loved you because of what you were." She paused.
"When you told me who you were, I was shocked but I felt good. It was selfish of me, I was thinking more about money than about you. You don't deserve me, Dahyun. You deserve Momo, she loves the way you are, she told me personally at the Café."

She felt guilty started crying.
"I'm sorry." She said.
"It's not your fault, you told me the truth and I respect you for that." I smiled at her.
She looked up and smiled slightly back at me.

"More news about the Yoon family, Yoon Mirae has been reported to be stabbed by a culprit who is still on the loose, she's currently at the hospital in one of the VIP rooms." The news reporter explained.
The news is quick on these things, I'm not surprised that they've reported this.

"What's that?" I pointed at the table next to me which had a envelope on top of it.
"I don't know, it was already there when we got here." Sana replied.
I opened it carefully and inside was a get well soon card.
Inside reads:

I'm thankful and sorry at the same time, I want to thank you for saving me, that was brave of you and I would do anything to pay you back.
Also I'm sorry that you have to stay in a hospital for a while and I'm sorry I haven't respond to your calls, still can't  believe you're Yoon Mirae.
I'll visit you some day, that's if I can.

Love from,
Momo 💓

I couldn't stop smiling while reading it, my heart couldn't stop beating fast.
I still care about you.
I want to be with you.