Chapter 22: AV Club

Start from the beginning

When you all decide you should probably go, you walk out the school doors together. One by one you all grab your bikes and hop onto the seats. You realize your bike is broken at home.

"Ah shit." you mutter to yourself.

"Um...Lucas, Will, actually we have a project to work on. We should go back into the AV room and finish it." Dustin says awkwardly.

"Wha-" Lucas starts, interrupted by a nudge from Dustin. Will has a confused look on his face.

"Oh, oh! I mean uh, oh yeah, let's go." Lucas says, dragging Dustin and Will back inside.

"You two should probably just ride home together . I mean what else? Well tah-tah children." Dustin says quickly, ignoring the pleading look on Mike's face.

"Um...bye then." You say, the most confused you've ever been. They look like they're constipated.

"Okay well uh...we should probably go then." Mike says, his tone unsure. "Where's your b- oh, it's broken, right?" He says, a blush coming to his cheeks.

You nod. "My mom said it's okay if I just walk home so I'll see you tomorrow." you say shyly walking off.

"Do you want a ride?" he blurts out awkwardly.

Oh God, don't mess this up, Y/N.

"Sure, thanks." You say.

He gets on the front of his bike and you awkwardly get on behind him.

"Ready?" He asks you.

"Yep." you say, wincing to yourself at how stupid that probably sounded.

He starts pedaling and quickly increases his speed. You want to to hold on tighter because it's getting harder to hang on, but you've had enough embarrassing moments to last a lifetime, so you decide against it.

It takes a warning from Mike to get you to tighten your grip.

"We're getting to the bumpy part, you'd better hold on." he'd said.

He was right, the road had a ton of cracks and pebbles scattered across it. His bike starts to shake and Mike tightens his grip on the handlebars. You were getting a little nervous that you couldn't hold on forever, when you realize you'd never seen these roads before.

"Mike, where are we?" you ask, a slight quiver to your voice.

"The boys and I had to go a different way this morning because there was an accident blocking our usual path, and I think it's still there, so I'm going the way we went this morning." He explains, trying to steady his bike.

"Oh, okay." You say.

When he cuts into the forest, you're convinced he has no clue where he is.

"Mike, are you sure about this?" You ask uncertainly. There's a small dirt path he's following, but there are fallen trees everywhere.

"100%" he tells you confidently.

"Alright Wheeler, just don't get us killed." you warn, eyeing a leaf that falls in front of you.

"No promises." He says as you reemerge from the woods. You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding.

"Jesus, Y/N, you really thought I'd lead you into a forest with no idea how to get out?" He asks.

"Says the boy who forced me onto an 100ft zip line, directly down, mind you, about a week after we met." You answer.

He scoffs. "You loved it."

"Mhm, no I really didn't though."

"Sure." He says, riding down a hill.

You sigh. "Where are we?"

"I dunno." He shrugs.

You slap his shoulder. "What?!"

He laughs, rubbing his shoulder with the opposite hand, keeping his bike steady with the other.

"Relax, Y/N. I'm not that stupid." He laughs.

"Could've fooled me." You mutter. (A/N: get rekt son)

The ride isn't as awkward as you suspected.