▍SIX

jimin woke up the next morning to the sound of lo-fi playing throughout the house. he had to blink a few times to get his eyes awake, but as he slowly crawled from the bed, the bedroom door opened and yoongi came in with a tray of food.

"oh, you're awake." yoongi smiled at the sleepy man, coming by to set the tray down. his hair, jimin noticed, was a messy blob atop his head, but the type of messy that was on purpose. he took the time to check out yoongi's build as he was turned around. yoongi was both muscular and skinny, looking near close to a stick as humanly possible. how the man had muscle was beyond jimin's knowledge. he looked like a kebab.

jimin let out a quiet laugh at his thought and yoongi looked at him. he didn't ask what he found funny, only admired the cute noise that came from his mouth. "i brought you some breakfast. i wanted to take you out, if that's okay?"

jimin bit into his lip. "i'm not sure," he admitted. "i'm afraid my boss will look for me."

yoongi nodded and sat down on the bed next to the blond. "if you're worried about that, i can get you a hat and sunglasses to cover up."

jimin shyly looked away, grabbing onto his elbow. "okay... um, the only clothes i have are my work clothes," jimin said with embarrassment. the more he sat there the more he became disgusted with his work and how things happened. the more he spoke with yoongi the more disappointed he felt with himself for letting everything happen to him.

"don't worry. i have plenty of clothing for you to choose from."

"i couldn't possibly keep using your stuff," jimin argued as yoongi sifted through his closet. "i mean, why would you want a dirty slut like me ruining your clothing?"

the elder man took a small step back, letting his hand fall from the hanger he was holding onto. the room filled with silence as yoongi's gaze landed on jimin, who looked back at him. jimin was completely serious. the tone in his voice held no other emotion that could deter yoongi's thoughts.

after a few seconds, yoongi walked towards jimin and crouched in front of him. the doll was a little nervous by the closeness and his heartbeat quickened, his mind running three marathons at once.

"can you tell me your absolute dream?" yoongi asked, throwing the other male off. "the one thing you wish the most for... can you tell me?"

jimin had no hesitation when he blurted out: "love."

yoongi couldn't help the soft smile that spread across his face. "there's one thing you have to learn, jimin, before you can find amour." yoongi's eyes looked into jimin's very own, speaking secret words that would never fall from his lips. "in order to have someone else love you, you first have to love yourself."

jimin scoffed a bit, turning his head to the side. yoongi returned to his closet to pick out clothing for jimin. "i'm nothing but a dirty rat someone found in a sewer drain. love is something i wish for but i know i'll never find it. not like this."

"if you can't love yourself, how could you ever expect to love someone else?" yoongi passed over the clothing, and attempted to ruffle the young man's hair. he managed to do so, jimin's eyes carefully placed upon his frame. "if you think you're a sewer rat, so will the one you love."

"will there be someone to love me even if i don't?" jimin quietly questioned, his voice small and frightened. yoongi couldn't begin to understand how much pain this kid was in, but he just knew that he was going to fix it.

with one last signature smile, yoongi said, "you might think you're a rat, but to someone special you'll be their prince."