Chapter 5; First Day

"Listen up guys!" The headmaster called, clapping his hands. "Good morning," he said with a smile, running a hand through his dark-blond beard. "Uh, I dunno. Welcome, welcome back to Arrow. Whatever, most of you know what to do, you already got the schedules. Don't get into trouble, and... I don't care, I'm hungover, sorry." He sniffed loudly, sitting down.

"What's up with that guy?" Charm wondered, looking at Dan and gesturing to Roy Cox.

The dining room was large, and had many tables. Serenity, Luke, Dan, Charm and Thomas were all seated together.

"My dad went to school with him," Serenity said. "They were really good friends. My dad is weird, so I guess he's weird too."

"Wait, your parents are in charge for the explosion in the wands shop, right?" Luke asked.

"Yeah," Serenity replied.

"I want purple hair too," Charm said.

"Is there any Nutelle?" Thomas wondered.

"I need chocolate pebbles. And milk. And cereals coated with a lot of sugar," Dan stated.

"I like sweet," Serenity nodded.

"Any of you heard of Nirvana?" Luke asked, shoving a chocolate chips cookie into his  mouth.

"Yo, guys, seen my moose?" the dark blond man from the day earlier asked.

"Yo, man, you're Mitch!" Luke exclaimed, offering a hand for a manly- hand- shake.

"And you're Luke, sup man!" The janitor responded, shaking Luke's hand.

"Am I missing something?" Dan asked.

"Join the club," Charm replied.

**

Half- an- hour later, Luke and Serenity were seated in Dark Arts, while Charm, Dan and Thomas were across the hall, seated in Defence Against Dark Arts.

"Hello, students," a cheery voice called, and into the room skipped a pair of teachers; both dark haired, blue eyed and tall. The only difference was their gender.

"Uh, we are the Piper twins-" said the woman.

"Robin," the man said, gesturing to himself, "and Raven. Are you DADA?"

"No, DA," Luke replied, and Serenity glanced at her new friend in slight awe. 

"Okay then," the man smiled. "I'll see you guys around, and hopefully will be here to teach you in two years. BYE," he screamed, running out of the room and greeting the DADA class.

"Okay, so this was my big bro," Raven Piper said, sticking hair dark brown hair behind a stretched ear. She cleared her throat. "I am Raven Piper, a we already stated, and I am your teacher for Dark Arts. Uh, let's introduce ourselves?" she smiled, "lucky me, you're the smaller group."

Which was true, Serenity realized as she glanced around her room. Their year only had about thirty students- they were probably one of the three years most affected by the Dark Lord's actions at England- and only six chose Dark Arts, which made Defence Against Dark Arts unbelievably packed, as Charm, Luke and Thomas soon learned.

"I'll go first," the teacher stated, rubbing her palms together. "So, um, Raven Piper- for the tenth time- I really like my brother, he's the best and my favourite food is... uh, Marshmallow, least favourite is peanut butter... my favourite animal is penguins." she nodded, happy with her introduction. She pointed at a smiling Dan.

"Yo," he waved, ''I'm Lucas, but call me Luke. Serenity here," he pointed at his purple haired friend, "is my first friend in this school that somehow made me have three more friends- so I guess I like her." He nodded, rubbing his chin, "my favourite food is Oreo-" Serenity smiled at him, remembering the mall, "my least favourite is... Uh, I kind of like most of- NO, WAIT, I HATE VEGETABLES." he screamed angrily, then smiled, "and I like dolphins."

"Serenity?" Raven asked, nodding at Luke.

"Uh, hello," she smiled nervously. "I am Serenity Ross-"

"AS IN JOHN ROSS?" a girl screamed from behind her.

"Yeah, he's my dad..."

"DUDE. HE IS SO TALENTED. HIS DRAWINGS," the blonde girl then gushed over Serenity's father, stopping the introduction. 

Almost half an hour later, silence settled in again.

"Okay, we'll just..." Raven started, raising her hands in despair," do this tomorrow." she sighed. "Bye," she waved, leaving the class.

"Best wizarding school in America my ass," Luke grumbled lowly. Serenity couldn't help but cut it a small glance. "Did you just check out my ass?"

"Maybe?" Serenity grinned sheepishly, and the two laughed, Luke dragging her into a half- hug.

"You're gonna be my best friend some day," Luke stated. "I just know it."