Chapter 2: Chasing him, She was laughing.

"So, as I was saying, that's the only reason why I was here... Because I want to finish my course! Duh?!?!"

Jane rolled her eyes off at Jake, who was sitting across the table. They were in a café where it was mostly not discovered yet based on people who were getting in. The area's wall were glasses and you could see the moist enveloping the outer surface of the transparent wall. There was a faint jazzy slash classical music oozing from the speaker that was attached to the four corner of the store. It has an ambiance of a wooden style, semi-old café designed in this one. Where all the furniture were all waxed brown and glistening in a glossy finish. They were tables and chairs in the perimeters. The blond girl was holding her book in her hand, flipping pages as she finishes reading through it. The brunette guy had the same thing in his hand. "what chapter are you now?!" Jake unconsciously increased the register of his voice and immediately regretted it when Jane gave her a deathly glare. Even though they have not discussed who they were for almost 3 years now after they exchange for introduction on the rooftop, Jake still always feel his hair standing up every time he received that stare from her.

"I'm almost done. By the way, we have to go now. We have practice in like 5 minutes..." Jane trailed off and hover her phone on top of the book and took a shot it. The mobile loaded for a while and it notifies that the book that they were reading was already in pdf form. "internet, nowadays." Jake commented as he did the same thing. They both love reading books, well. Jake learned to love it as he was forcefully taken by the girl. Their practice was schedule every week. They always went deep into the woods where Jane would practice her sorcery against Jake and the guy would certainly take it as an advantage to learn. Unfortunately, as the assassin learns, the witch learn from him, too. As time passes by they became closed, almost to a brother and sister relationship like. Jane always tosses her sasses all around when Jake was there and he always joined her acting. They were this one scene, Jane got bumped in her shoulder with a punk man and started verbally insulting her and calling her names. The blonde just stood there with her eyes filled with curiosity and the brunette guy, her trusted brother, stood a little behind the victim.

Jane feigns her terror with gasping, covering her open mouth and tears were building up in her face. Her books fell down on the ground with a loud thud that made her flinch. She was silently sobbing because they were in a public area. Jake knew that it was a play, that they always do to mess with people's mind, he started circling his hand on the woman's back. He was trying to soothe her panic attack. The punk whose hair was disheveled, striking everywhere, looking boastful and gave them a prideful smirk. Jane covers her face as her shoulder bobbed up and down all the while, Jake was trying to get her up. When the punk asks if Jane learned her lesson to not mess with people like him because he got his group to beat them up, Jane stood up as if there was no previous emotion, looked at the punks' eyes and turned around. They started walking away when the guy, with stinky hair, was trying to reach Jane's shoulder when Jake caught it midway. Jane laughs, insanely loud gathering people's attention, and she turns around to face the bully. She flips her hair to the back and she cupped her cheek while supporting the elbow with her other hand. "No, We're not scared and yes, we can take care all of you," she told Jake that they should hurry or else they would be late. The guys didn't have enough and were about to lunges forward, tackling the brunette man when Jake look over his shoulder, flashing her bright ruby eyes. "be careful who you are dealing with, big boy" he grinned a devilish one and they started walking off towards to their college building.

As they both reach their destination, they both laughed with their play a while ago and how they handle the tough crowd. They were recollecting the memories of that event that just happens a while ago and their subject was altered quickly when Jane brought the topic about her, wanting to have a mate of werewolves. Jake instantly commented that such creature didn't exist but Jane shut her off by responding that she existed. The guy hummed and was convinced that maybe they would find a werewolf that they would love. Later on that day, they were dismissed and hurriedly made their way to the training ground. Along the way, Jake was complaining how he and Jane got really closed when his mission was to end her life. The lady just winked at him and responded that it was her personal charm. Jake quoted in the air that he was gay and no way in the hell that he would love a crazy woman like her. Jane playfully made her eyes tear up and the man thought he hurt her but his concern was quickly replaced by shame when Jane laughed at her. Once they made to the clearing, they put down their bags and books in one of the oak trees and started their training routine.