“I’m fine you know.”

“I know but… I can’t help it. I-I… I can’t-” My tone dropped towards the end as flashbacks of him looking so pale and deathly flashed through my mind. I almost lose him then. Is it wrong to be slightly protective of him now?

“Sorry.” He sighed out, making me stare at him questioningly. Instead of receiving a reply from him, he stretched his arm out to cup my cheek, rubbing it gently as he shot me a guilty smile. It was then I realized that I was crying for the second time. “Sorry for making you cry, Lucifer. I didn’t know or even believe that I meant so much to you.”

Eros’s POV:

“Y-You heard?” Lucifer questioned slightly embarrassed as I nodded at him with a smile.

“Every word you said.” Hearing my words, his eyes widened slightly as he stared at me speechless for a minute or two as a light blush covered his cheeks.

“Does that mean you love me back too?” He questioned hopefully, making me look away in regret. Love huh…

“I’m going to be honest to you Lucifer. To be honest, I can’t say that I love you as I’m still foreign with that word but I can assure you that I’m starting to feel something for you. If it’ll make you feel better, you’re the one who kept me living. The whole time I was trying to hold onto my promise to come back to you. All I was thinking is to meet you even if it was for the last time. You… are my strength.” I replied truthfully, causing his cheeks to turn into a darker shade of red. Did I say anything… wrong? (Inside Lucifer’s mind: That sounds like a confession… < trying to act cool on the outside but is actually screaming on the inside.)

*Knock Knock* The door opened to reveal Jessica standing timidly behind the door as she stared at us with thousand and one emotions swirling in her eyes. Tears trickled down her face as she walked towards my side slowly, pulling me into her embrace once she reached my side. “Welcome back, Kai.”

“Thanks Jessica. I’m back.”

“Okay, I’ll leave the sappy moments to Lucifer. I’ll be making dinner soon so if you want anything you want to eat now, ask away.” She wiped her tears away hurriedly before plastering a relaxed smile on her face.

“Um… can I have fried eggs? You know those with the yolks that can erupt?” They both chuckled at my request, shaking their heads saying that I never change.

“Of course, dear. Anything you wish for. Keep him company Luce. Oh. There’s a spare box of tissues in that upper shelf if you need more for yourself.” She teased, making Lucifer flush in embarrassment before shooing her out and closing the door behind her.

“What do you want to do now, seeing that you can’t leave the bed till White gives me the green light.”

“Can I have a pen and a paper?” He stared at me quizzically, making me let out a long sigh. “Since I’m going to be unproductive here, might as well write down a list of what I’m going to do, one of it includes removing some person from the army.”

“Bend the dick?” No.

“He’s dickless. Where is he going to even find one to bend.” He’s a trash that doesn’t deserve to even be in the army.

“True. I’ll be back soon.”

Third Person’s POV:

After being left alone in silence, Eros sinked back against his bed, staring at the ceiling with slight fear in his eyes.

“Who are they…” He whispered to himself with slight terror in his tone as he remembered the two pair of menacing eyes that stared down on him in his dream just before he woke up. Two pairs of eyes which are frightening enough to send a cold shiver down his spine. The two pairs of eyes which are so familiar yet so foreign at the same time.

Little did he know that he was going to meet the owners of those eyes real soon.