Xander Maximillian

Night occurred in New York, and lights lit within the darkness. Manhattan was bustling with people enjoying the nightlife. However, in a particularly tall building, there was a lavish party that only the wealthy were invited to.

Within the building, there were massive chandeliers and many tables that held different kinds of foods and drinks. Waiters and waitresses walked around giving cups of champagne. Men and women wore their finest clothing to impress and show their status. The lavish was made by none other than CEO Xander Maximillian.

He was considered one of the wealthiest men in the United States. Xander was within the festivities, greeting his guests. He stood six feet tall with a slightly muscular build; his dark blonde hair was nicely slicked back. His eyes were dark blue, which gave a slight glow. He had a broad face, and his facial features made him look like a model. Xander's skin was light with no imperfections. Many wanted to be before him; men tried to convince him to partner with them in their businesses, while women tried to impress him with their looks and bodies.

Xander gave his charming smile to all his guests, but his smile was nothing more than a façade. Deep down, he hated many of the people he invited. He knew people wanted something from him. It was business, but Xander still hated the lot of them. However, he 'befriended' those he despised to keep his status and wealth.

In his world, the wealthy had no true friends. If one did, there was a possibility that these 'friends' would use their affluent counterparts. They would only help one another unless they had something to gain. It is how many survived and kept their livelihood, cruel but common.

Xander grew up in a very wealthy family; he went to the best private schools ever since childhood and to the Ivy League of Columbia University. However, he did not have a happy childhood. He was an only child. His parents did not pay too much attention to him. They gave him all he wanted so he wouldn't be too much of a bother to them. Both his parents had their affairs and cared more for themselves.

He did not have friends, and his nanny convinced his father to hire parents so their children could play with Xander. Even though he was a child, he knew that children did not have an interest in being his friend. They were forced by their parents, who were paid. As Xander grew older, his mother died of cancer, and his father died in an accident. He was left with his family's fortune when he was twenty-two.

Xander never knew what true love was. He slept with the most beautiful women: actresses, models, or other socialites, yet he felt nothing. He had been in some relationships that lasted less than two months. The young man was used to it and was prepared to live and die alone. Yet, deep inside, he wanted to know what love was like. Xander hoped that someone would give and show him true love.

Yet, he felt that his hopes would never come true. Xander wanted the perfect woman who was not only beautiful on the outside but also on the inside. He felt his ideal woman was giving him the family he always wanted; she was home with their children. He wanted his woman to wait for him when he came home with a nicely made meal and for them to spend time together. 

However, many modern women were not the traditional women that he wanted. The CEO knew that many would do anything and everything to get their hands on his wealth, but he wasn't foolish enough to fall for their tricks. The businessman refused to give up on his search, for he felt that his ideal woman was out there; all he had to do was look for her.

He vowed never to let her go when he found his true woman.

Never.