16/Life 4 Life

"In moments of pain, we seek revenge."

-Ami Ayalon

Messiah 'Siah' Anderson****

                     The definition of mad is: very angry.

                      And that was a horrible way to describe how I felt right now. It would be downplaying the feeling that I had searing throughout my entire body. My hands wouldn't be shaking violently nor would my blood be boiling if I was just mad. The severe need to break or hit something, maybe someone, itched at me like a nasty rash that wouldn't go away.

                     The perfect word to describe the feeling would be: livid.

                     Yeah, livid was what I am.

                     I pushed the photos that were scattered infront of me aside and scooted my office chair away from the mahogany colored desk and stood up. My feet carried me towards my in-house bar that was placed near the den downstairs. I stopped as soon as I stood infront of all the poisons that were neatly placed on the glass shelves. Grabbing the familiar bottle of Scotch, I tightly clutched it in my hand and peeled away the top. Placing the cool glass to my lips I threw my head back and gulped down the drink ignoring the burning sensation I had in my throat.

                       "Man nah, that ain't what you need." A hand clasped on my shoulder causing me to stop my drink.

                        I turned around and saw my bestfriend, Smooth. He snatched the bottle away from me and placed it down, pushing me away making it too far for arm's length.

                        "Come on now, nigga. You got too much shit to handle to be trynna' drink away your problems. You got lil' boys up there to take care of, a momma out in the hood working ha' ass off, a business that damn shole' ain't gon' run itself, and a motherfucka' to hunt down for killing Noodles. I understand you pissed. Shit, I feel it alot everytime I see Red with another nigga. But you fucked up. And you act like she ain't give you chance after chance to get yo' shit together 'cause she did.

                            Now you paying the price. You gotta' watch ha' prance around with a nigga that ain't you. Making ha' smile and laugh when it's really 'posed to be you. But you fucked up and, maybe, just maybe, if you get yo' shit together then you can work yo' ass off trynna' get ha' back. But now? We gotta go get some people 'cause they kilt our brotha'. Feel me?" He asked.

                      I was still livid, but he was right.

                      "Yeah, I feel ya'." I nodded my head.

                      "Good. Now we need to round 'em up and let 'em know what the business is 'cause I can't afford to be losin' some mo' of my people during this." I nodded my head in agreement before making my way back upstairs towards the twins' bedroom where they slept peacefully, like always.

                    Gathering each of them in my arms', I made sure to pick up their diaper bags on the way out of the room. Careful not to wake them, I moved soundless to the front room. Smooth sat on the couch texting away on his cellphone.

                    "Come on. Get the keys for me." I instructed as his head snapped towards my voice.

                     He stood up and grabbed the keys to my Mazda, and led the way outside of my large estate.