Chapter 7: The Date

Beast Boy's P.O.V

I wait with Cyborg playing games. "Come on Cy-" I'm cut off by Ezzie and Starfire. "Introducing Diamond!!!" Ezzie. "Friend Diamond's new look!!" Starfire. "Hooray." Raven says unenthusiastically.

Diamond walks out of the hallway and my jaw hits the ground as well as Cyborg's and Robin's, my hands drop the controller. "Looks like you got yourself a keeper." Cyborg nudges me. Robin chuckles and I just sit there, unrecovered from shock.

Diamond's wearing a black long-sleeved, off-the-shoulder, tight fitting shirt that doesn't show too much. She has a pair of Loose ripped jeans that are almost navy colored. Her hair is in two side ponytails that are in tight curls, making it look bouncy and soft along with small ringlet curls as a bang in the front.

She's wearing a pair of black converse with a inscription on the side, they come up to her ankles. Lastly she's wearing no makeup except for the lightly applied sky blue lip gloss that makes her eyes and hair look even more emphasized in color. Her green hoodie is around her waist, I smile, knowing she probably refused to leave it.

She walks over to me, smiling herself. Reminding me of when I kissed her cheek, her expression was close to that. "H-Hi Beast Boy." I blush at the memory and scratch the back of my neck nervously. "Hi D-Diamond, you look really good." She blushes and smiles at me. "Is everyone ready to go?" Robin speaks over all of us.

We all head out and arrive at the carnival a little while later. "So...uh...what do you wanna do first?" Diamond giggles and grabs my hand, pulling me behind her. I look at her hand in mine, her hand is so....gentle. She soon let's go and I frown, grabbing her hand again, her hair lights up but doesn't ignite in flames.

I look around and see we're at a karaoke place, Diamond smiles at me and walks into the large tent, pulling me with her. "Tonight's prize is a new music player and stuffed animal of your choice, second prize is an animal from the second or first shelf in the prize booth, and third is a small toy and candy."

We sit down at the tables and our drinks are served, I look at her and she shrugs. Diamond asks the waiter if they got the drinks wrong.

The waiter shakes his head and points over to a table with a girl sitting next to a boy, they both wave flirtatiously and I feel my blood boil. Diamond's cups shatters and I see her hair slightly on fire.

I put a hand on hers and she automatically calms. "You!! Young lady, have been chosen by the crowd to sing!!" Diamond's eyes widen in surprise at the finger in her face and looks to me for help, I smile encouragingly at her.

She turns back to the announcer and politely says, "I think you accidentally picked the wrong girl." The announcer shakes his head and smiles, taking her hand.

"No I'm positive its you ma'am, young and pretty." Her ears burn but her hair doesn't ignite. I don't mind since the man is twice our age.

He leads her up to stage, her lightly protesting. "Ladies and gentleman. Here we have..." He leans over to let her whisper her name in his ear, "Diamond!!" I smile when her eyes land on me after scanning the crowd.

She takes a deep breath and turns to the band behind her, probably telling them to play when they catch on to the beat. "H-Hi everyone..." She says quietly and I hear a wolf whistle in the crowd from the boy and the girl, I feel even angrier and slightly weird now. Diamond blushes, realizing the girl was doing it as well.

She takes another deep breath and begins to sing.

" I looked away
Then I look back at you
You try to say
The things that you can't undo
If I had my way
I'd never get over you
Today's the day
I pray that we make it through