Chapter 2

She woke up with a bruise the next morning, but all she had to do was hide it with a bit of makeup and no one would notice. At least, that's how it usually works and, hopefully, will work as well today.
Her father isn't home when she leaves for school, which she is thankful for because she just can't deal with it today. All she can hope is that he won't come back today, but just thinking about her life is thrown out the window when she gets to school and there's news about a new student.
She doesn't doubt it, but why in the world would a person transfer to another school this late in the school year? It's not like it concerns her anyway, just another person to ignore and keep her distance from.
She can't have friends, not anymore, at least. She used to have three great friends, but she had to get rid of them for their own safety. She just doesn't trust herself with people's feelings; she's so afraid of what she could do to them. She doesn't want to hurt people anymore than she needs to.
She lets out a sigh as she sits down in the back of class, alone. It's just how she likes it when she doesn't have anyone beside her, quiet. She waits for the others to pile into the classroom before the new kid walks in.
The whole class starts to mumble excitedly, but as (Y/n) looks around, her eyes land on a her teacher, a red-haired man following closely behind. She can't see his eyes because he's wearing sunglasses, but she can feel them on her. She doesn't like this feeling, there's something about him that's off.
  He doesn't seem tense or nervous about transferring, he doesn't express the excitement of meeting new people; there's no body language whatsoever, all she can tell is that he's eyeing her. She scoffs and turns her head to the side, she doesn't have time to have a staring contest with him.
  What she doesn't know, is that now her head is turned away, a sadistic smile creeps onto his lips. It's so small that no one around him can notice, but it grows when he realizes that the only open seat is right next to her. He loves it when the world makes it easy for him.
The teacher calms down the class before explaining the situation to the class about the new student. He then turns to the teenager and tells him to take off his sunglasses and introduce himself.
"My name is Ichiji Stafford, it will be my pleasure to be working with you for the next few months," the many-pointed-red-haired man sighs as he takes off the dark spectacles. His dark eyes pierce into her (e/c) colored ones and her heartbeat starts to escalate; there is something seriously wrong with this man.
He smiles before winking, she can hear all of the girls in the room sigh. She watches him for several more minutes as he answers some questions from some of their classmates, whatever she sensed before is gone now. Her heart starts to regain its correct speed and she starts to breath normally again, maybe she is just too tired that she was seeing things.
  "You're seat will be next to (Y/n) for the time being," the teacher says as he eyes the (h/c)-haired women, afraid that she might object. She's sensible, where else would he sit, on the floor, but that's impractical. She'll just wait until they can get another desk or something. "It's the only one that's open. (Y/n), can you please raise your hand?"
She lets out a sigh as her hand makes its way into the air. The man, that introduced himself earlier as Ichiji, smiles at her before he takes his seat next to her; she can feel his eyes observe her again.
  She stiffens up as he leans in and his breath ghosts over her ear, "You have a really pretty name, I hope that we can get along well."
  She simply nods before he faces the front of the classroom again, she can't shake the feeling that something isn't right with this man. It slightly dawns on her halfway through class that some of the girls were texting each other. She rolls her eyes as she takes her notes, they're probably texting about the greek god siting next to her.
  Did she just refer to him as a Greek god? What's wrong with her? She shakes her head as she draws a line through the word she has just written down wrong before she continues. It's not like it matters what they're texting about, but what if they found out about her father abusing her?
  She scribbles out the word again as she tries to kick the thoughts that were consuming her out of her mind. Every sound is suddenly amplified, she can hear a snicker from across the classroom as someone drops their eraser and slips another person a note, the AC kicking on causing a low hum to fill the air. She stands up, she can't take it anymore, she's having a panic attack.
  She can't breathe, her vision is getting blurry, she's stumbling out of the classroom, and now she's falling. The floor is getting closer to her face, her eyes are closing, her consciousness is fading. She's inches away from the floor, a chair slides across the floor, there's some gasps, voices shouting, a pencil drops somewhere in the classroom, then there's nothing.
  It all quiets down. There's no visual, there's no sound. It's quiet. Just the way she longs for it to be. Dark and silent.

=>End<=