Chapter 1

She walks home alone thinking about the day and what happened at school. Nothing too notable, just a few tests in her classes and a food fight at lunch. The food fight was funny, until someone put their mashed potatoes on a spoon and sent it flying right at (Y/n).
  She cussed so loud that it caused everyone in the cafeteria to stop what they were doing. She didn't stay long to figure out what happened next, she just went to the bathroom to get it off of her shirt. Her father is going to murder her when he sees the stain.
She can already see his red face with the beady (e/c) eyes, and the frown placed on his lips. It's not hard to know when he's mad, not only does his face heat up, but so does his ears and the wrinkles in his skin tend to look like they're frowning as well.
His voice is louder than normal and his eyes are hard, almost void of all emotion. One of these days, he's going to get so angry, that he'll murder her and not feel any guilt. That's what scares her, that, and she might be like him when she grows up. She already has the same eye color.
  She slows down her steps as she looks at the door, she ends up shaking her head and walking inside. The whole place smells like drugs and booze, her father must've had a party while she was at school. She quietly closes the door and stares at all the beer bottles littered on the floor.
  She looks at the doorway to the living room, praying that he's asleep so that she can make it up the stairs and change her shirt. At this point in time, it seems like she has a running chance, but the beer bottles are going to make it hard for her to get there quietly.
She takes the chance and tiptoes around all the glass on the floor, she peaks into the room to see her father passed out on the couch with the tv on; the various lights shining off of the sweat on his face. She keeps her eyes trained on him until she reaches the steps and takes off up them.
She enters the (f/c)-colored room and looks around to see where she could hide the shirt until she can do her laundry. She decides to bury it in the hamper she keeps in the room as she shuts the door before she changing into a tank-top and burying the old shirt into the laundry hamper. She lets out a sigh of relief as she sinks down into her bed on her belly and pulls out her laptop. She pulls up her favorite website before deciding against it and closing the top.
She rolls over on the bed and stares at the ceiling, she probably won't get any dinner tonight, but it's not like it really mattered. She eats enough at school, so she doesn't need to eat at home. In fact, she'd rather not, because everything that she does is wrong.
She looks over at the clock before grabbing whatever homework she has for the day and working on it. It's hours before she hears a knock on the door, but before she can answer, it swings open, hitting the wall in the process, and her father enters the room.
"What did I tell you about closing your door?" he leans on the door with another bottle in his hand.
She knows this state, and it's not like saying anything to him will really talk him down, he's mad and whatever she says will set him off. "That I'm not supposed to do it unless I'm changing-"
"I told you not to do it at all," he motions for her to get up and come closer to him, so she gets off the bed and makes her way toward him. Once she gets close enough to smell the stench of his last cigarette, he grabs her hair with his free hand and forces her to look him in his (e/c) eyes. "I should punish you so hard right now, but since I'm a nice father, I'll let it go for now. Just don't do it again."
"But dad-" she flinches as his hand strikes her across the cheek and he leaves without another word. The pain causes her eyes to sting, but she can't shed a tear over something like that.
She swallows hard before she walks over to the window and opens it enough for her to squeeze out. She crawls across the rough, grey-tiled roof before she stops and pulls her knees to her chest. She feels the bitterly cold wind blow around her causing goosebumps to rise in her arms.
She looks at the horizon; there's a mansion on the hill, but nobody knows who lives there. It's well maintained, but no one goes in or out of it. She always sees it when she's out here, so it causes her to wonder. But at this time she couldn't care about who lives there, she just envies them.
They probably don't have to worry about any of the things she does, they don't have to hate the color of their eyes because they resemble the very person they hate; whoever they may be, they were lucky.
She used to love herself, but now all she ever does is see the similarities to the monster she lives with. The wind blows again causing her (h/c) strands to blow wildly in her face. She brushes them away as the sun fades behind the mansion and the day comes to an end.
She can only lay back and hope for a brighter day tomorrow, maybe she'll be able to tell someone what's going, express to them her true emotions. But she doubts it, unicorns would exist before she would even dare utter a word about what's truly going on behind these walls.

=^End^=