08-Chapter Eight

The bell rang, signaling that class was over. I had my head down and was snoring away. I probably would've slept there for another hour if Ian hadn't hit me in the back of the head with a rolled up piece of paper. 

"Aren't you usually the first one out of the door?" Ian said slapping me on the back of the head again. 

I rubbed the back of my head and looked up at him with furrowed eyebrows. "Could you stop." I yawned feeling like my body was being weighed down by an elephant. "I feel like someone's playing drums with my head."  I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes as I struggled to stand up.

Ian rose his eyebrows. "Did you get drunk last night?" He said crossing his arms. 

Yeah I did. For the past few days I couldn't seem to fall asleep. So, I had some assistance from a friend named scotch. It put me right to bed. A small amount would've sent me off, but I just drank the whole bottle. Hence the horrible hangover I had. 

"Yeah, so what"I said throwing my backpack on. I started heading out of the classroom and Ian followed. 

"Nothing." He said. "It's just weird, because you usually drink to ignore your problems."

I looked back at him with raised eyebrows. "Everyone drinks to ignore their problems." I said. "What other point is there?"

Ian shrugged. "Fair." He said. 

We entered the hallway, which was filled with hundreds of students shoving past each other to make it out. It was like a bunch of inmates battling for freedom. 

"Anyway, can I come over?" Ian asked. "My annoying Uncle is staying over at our place."

My pocket vibrated. I dug through it and pulled out my phone, holding it up to see who had texted me. "Yeah sure." I said. I realized who the text was from and my chest clenched. My stomach twisted and I started feeling sick. 

David: Still need help on the bathroom if you're free.

I clenched my jaw muscles. Of course...I forgot that I told him I was going to help with his remodeling. But I couldn't go over. I couldn't even look the guy in his eyes. My gut felt like it was being thrown in a blender. I took in a deep breath. But I should go right? I didn't want to cancel last minute.

"Who's that?" Ian said hovering over my phone. 

I turned my head, then slid the phone back into my pocket. "No one." I said. 

He raised his eyebrows at me. He had that nosy look on his face. Great now he suspected something.

Ian smiled. "You gettin some tail?" He said. 

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, actually I am." I said. "From your mom."

Ian's smile turned into a thin line. He scoffed at me. "Come on man." He said. 

I chuckled and shook my head.

We had been home for about an hour. Ian was laid up against my bed going on and on about my cousin AGAIN. I let him, because I was barely listening anyway. I stood against the wall staring out the window at Mr. Harrison's driveway. His car wasn't there. It was six o clock and he still wasn't home. Usually he would be. 

"You know, I think we'd be amazing together." Ian said. 

I blinked, looking over at him. I raised my eyebrows at his comment. Him? Good with my cousin?  They were on different planes. Plus, there wasn't a chance in hell I'd let him date her. I knew how he treated girls, so I wasn't going to let her get hurt. And there's also the fact that she lived on a different continent. 

"Would you stop talking about my cousin." I said. "Aren't there billions of other girls who aren't related to me who you can date?"

He shook his head. "But none would be as beautiful."

I rolled my eyes. My phone vibrated again and I rushed to pull it out seeing if it was from David. "Ughh." I said. It was only from Jamie. He had been blowing my phone up the whole day. It was probably because I stopped responding to him. 

I heard the sound of a quiet whirring engine. I looked through the window again and saw a black BMW pulling into David's driveway. 

"Do you have any more weed?" Ian asked sitting up. "I need to get stoned."

My eyes remained on the car. "Yeah top drawer." I said. 

I watched as David got of the car. He had a wide smile on his face, and was laughing. He wore a three piece suit. And if I knew him, it was probably Tom Ford. He even had on a sparkly watch to go with it. 

The passenger side of the car opened, and a woman popped out. She was beautiful. The woman looked around her thirties and was tall, with dark flowing hair and bright blue eyes. She had thick eyebrows and a pair of plush lips. She wore a fitting knee length green dress around her thin frame.

I didn't even think he had friends. Or maybe...he was on a date? Of course he was on a date. Why else would they be dressed like that. I felt my jaw clenching as a sharp pain went through my chest. I took in a deep breath.

"Yo?" Ian said. I looked over at him. He had pulled out a gram of weed and placed it on the bed. "Where's the bowl?"

"Actually, why don't we smoke later." I said. "I sort of promised my neighbor I'd help him with his remodeling."

Ian looked a little bummed. He always got like that when someone took weed away from him. He sort of had a problem. He sat up, stretching his arms. "How long will that take?" He said.

I shrugged. "Two, three hours." I said. "I'll call you."

Ian slid off of the bed and walked towards the door. "Or I could help out." He said. "I did my dad's bathroom remember?"

I raised my eyebrows at him. I mean, I guess he could. If we were both there it would be less awkward being with David. Ian did easily warm up to people. 

 "Okay." I said. I walked over to my bed and picked up my jacket, throwing it on. "But don't do anything stupid."

Ian smiled as I walked to the door. "When do I do stupid things?" He said.