07-Chapter Seven

Dinner was normal. I sat across from my parents, and right beside Ivy who had been staring at her phone for the past twenty minutes. Mr. Harrison was also right beside me. My parents had him deeply engulfed in a conversation about his life, which I took note of. If he wouldn't answer when I asked him, maybe he would to them. 

"So David,"  My dad said with a smile. "When is your family coming down?" 

Mr. Harrison had been gnawing on a piece of my mom's undercooked turkey. He looked like he was struggling to chew it. It made me chuckle a little watching him grind his teeth.

Mr Harrison swallowed, clearing his throat. "My family?" He questioned. 

My dad nodded. "You know, your wife and kids."

He blinked confused. "I don't have a wife." He said. 

My dad rose his eyebrows. I was a bit surprised myself. He was like a hundred, and obviously well off in his career, you'd think someone would have snagged him. Unless there was a reason for that. 

"No wife?" My dad repeated. He was boggled that not everyone wanted to live the way he did. (Which was a nice home with a mom, dad, and kids. 

"Nope." David said sipping on his water. 

My dad nodded. "Any kids then?" He pried.

David chuckled lightly as if the idea amused him. "God no." He said. 

I looked over at my parents shocked and stunned face. Every time I'd use the lord's name in vain they'd snap me in the back of the head. But I doubt they'd do it to David. 

I turned back to my plate. I glanced down at my fingers as I intertwined them. 

"Why not?" My dad asked.

"Honey?" My mom interjected. "Why don't we talk about something else. Like how your renovations are going."

I looked over at Ivy. She had still been enveloped in her phone. She hadn't said a word I almost forgot that she was there. My eyes glazed back over my fingers. But they began to slip, straying over to David's thigh. His hand was gripping it tight, as if he were nervous. He shifted, flexing the muscles in his legs. 

I gulped. 

The pants wrapped around his tightly defined muscle. I felt my face starting to get warm. The low thumping of my heart became louder and louder. David's hand gripped tightly around his pants, rubbing them slowly. My face got even warmer. My eyes moved up a little more, trailing towards his-

"Will?" My head snapped up and I looked over at my dad who was staring at me. Everyone had been staring at me, including Mr. Harrison. I blinked.

"Huh?" I said. 

He cleared his throat. "I was telling David about your championship piano skills." My dad said with a smile. My eyes rolled and I leaned back in my chair, letting out a huff. 

Please tell me he wasn't doing this again. I hadn't played the piano since middle school. But ever since I won that state award he never let it go. 

"You should play something after dinner." Dad suggested. 

"I'd really rather not." I said. 

Mr. Harrison shot me a smile. He was probably amused by how embarrassed I was. Good thing he didn't have a kid to embarrass. "I actually played the piano myself." He said. "I know a beautiful song."

My dad smiled happily. "We'll have to hear it."

Ivy placed her hand over mine. I jumped, startled and looked over at her hand. "I wanna go home." She said with a pouty face.