11

Ethan's POV

My head swivels between Madison, slowly walking upstairs.

Madison or Octavia?

Octavia lays lifelessly against Victors back as he starts to walk downstairs into the basement.

God knows what he'd do to her.

Biting the inside of my cheek and rush down, pulling at Octavia's shoulders to resist her.

"Fuck you." I seethe, looking at Victor straight in the eyes. 

Victors eyes narrow as he puts her down against the wall this time.

Octavia's figure is still and so I assume she's fainted. The very sight of her limp body makes me want to throw up.

Victor gives her side a slight kick, making her jerk awake and cough violently. "I suppose you've had enough." He says to her lowly before he walks away into the balcony.

The second he is out of sight, I shuffle to her, running my big hands over her, trying to see if she was okay.

Octavia coughs weakly, pushing my hand away. "I don't need you." She says, nothing but venom in her tone. "Get away."

Her sudden outburst throws me off. But she wasn't looking away, her head was down but her eyes were on me.

I wasn't sure what to do.

So I did what I did last time.

I bent me arms and put them down under her bent thighs and rested my arm against her slouched back.

She resisted at first, pushing away, a small whimper escaping her lips. Her pushes are soft though, so either she's tired as hell or just..... Can't hurt me.

Does she still.... Want me?

Octavia starts to ease up, and stays quiet, put avoids too much contact. Every time her palms touch my chest, she once's away like it's burning her.

That hit me.

So I put her down in front of her room and walked away, not saying another word.
__
__

Octavia's POV

Waking up was painful.

My chest felt heavily, worse than yesterday. My arms hurt and I couldn't lift them, same goes for my legs.

I pushed myself off the edge of my bed, hearing myself yelp in pain as my feet touch the ground. I roll up my pants to see bruises littered across my kneecaps, going down to my calves.

I let out a shaky breath, pushing them back as I gulp.

Suddenly, the route of what used to be a couple steps looked like miles.

Fine.

I pushed up, and looked at the bathroom door, my legs shaking.

Slowly and carefully, my foot pulls up in front of me. Pain shoots on my leg, my knees just threatening to give up. My other one follows behind, stepping out.

I gasp, biting my tongue as tears well up in my eyes. Never before have I ever felt this helpless.

Another cry of pain leaves my lips as I try to keep balance. My legs give out and I fall to the floor.

"No!" I scream, gripping into the floor. "No! No! No!" I continue yelling, trying to pull myself up.

The door busts open and I hear hurried footsteps. "Leave!" I shout, fisting my hands and hitting them on the floor.

The person shushes me, pulling me up. It's Ethan.

I could care less.

"Go away!" I scream, gasping for air, my arms pushing his away.

He doesn't say anything, but wraps his hands around me, pulling me into his chest. He runs his hand through my hair, rocking me back and forth. "I'll help you. You're okay." He whispers in my ear constantly.

My cries stop as I feel a pair of lips on my temple.

"Get away from me." I gulp, coughing.

"No. You're not okay."

"Go to your stupid girlfriend." I snarl, pushing him lightly.

Ethan shakes his head, rolling up my leggings. He clicks his tongue, pain in his eyes as he takes a long look.
"It's my fault." He sighs, rubbing his eyes. "I'm sorry."

"Damn right." I snap, trying to boost myself up but failing.

"You need to rest." He says concerned, helping me up.

"Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. I don't want to see you."

Ethan looks uneasy and shifts, avoiding eye contact with me.

"What?" I bark, sucking my teeth in pain as I lean over. "Too much of a pussy to look the girl who's heart you broke in the eyes?"

He doesn't answer.

"Well that's okay." I reply, feeling myself get softer. "It's not like I didn't expect it."

That seems to piss Ethan off.

He furrows his eyebrows, storming out.

"By the way." He says before leaving. "We were never dating in the first place."

So I take my pillow and throw it at him.

"Do it again!" Ethan sasses. "Maybe my actual girlfriend will come after you!"

"Oh right! The one who doesn't know what you did with me?"

"It was a stupid kiss!" Ethan yells, exasperated. "It meant nothing. I, on the other hand, had sex with her yesterday because I actually love her."

My tears started to well up, and I could feel myself shrink.
"Fuck you." I whisper shakily, wiping my cheeks.

And I think he realized what he said.

Because his cheeks went red and his posture softened. Because he looks guilty.

"Fuck you." I repeat, looking away.

Ethan mumbles something under his breath before taking a step towards me.

I pick up my other pillow and throw it at him with all the force I had left in my body.

"Get out!" I cry this time, feeling tears stream down my cheeks.

Ethan shakes his head sadly, breathing hard himself. "N-No please d-don't cry. Not because of m-me...."

I wipe my tears, taking a breath. "You're right. You're not worth it."