8

Octavia's POV

"Octavia!" Ethan exclaims, pushing me back behind him.

I don't move.

There's blood everywhere. He's dead. He has to be.

"What?" Ethan breathes, looking up at Victor in disbelief. "W-Why? We gotta h-help him!" He yells, gagging a little.

"Don't raise your voice at me, boy." Victor snaps, stepping over the body and into the kitchen. "Clean this up."

Ethan breathes heavily his eyes transitioning from Victor to the dead man.

I can't move.

He's dead.

But I'm not free.

"Ethan..." I mumble, watching him check the man for a pulse. "He's dead."

__
__

I push the cloth forward as the wet substance moves across the floor.

"Here, I've got bleach." Ethan says with an unreadable expression.

I nod, spilling it over the hall as Ethan wipes.

He drags his hand across his forehead, wiping sweat off. "What a way to start the day huh?" He asks, chuckling slightly.

I don't answer, but continue to wipe.

"Hey...." Ethan softly whispers, crouching down behind me. "Y'know what? Go take a bath. I'll finish up here. You've done me enough favours."

I stay still.

"Please?"

Okay.

I tiredly raise my knees, walking down the hall and up the stairs.

He's dead.

I slip my clothes off as I close the bathroom door behind me.

He's dead.

I twist the knob over the tub, releasing warm water on my body.

He's dead.

I feel tears prickle my eyes as I look down at my red, bloody hands. I scrub at them violently, trying to get rid of the colour.

He's dead and I'm still trapped here.

Ethan's POV

My fingers loosen on the bucket of bleach and I leave it on a counter and hop upstairs, trying to stay out of Victors sight. He doesn't seem to notice as his eyes remain glued to the TV.

"Octavia!l I call, pushing our door open.

I don't hear her reply.

Instead, I hear loud sobs erupting through the wall and instantly feel a pang of worry.

"Octavia!" I yell louder, knocking my knuckles against the door. "I'm coming in okay?"

I reach for the knob since there seem to be no locks in this house.

Octavia lays on the floor of the tub, her long hair covering her face as she scratches at her arms over and over.