3

Ethan's eyes shot open in pain for the third time a row.

He felt scorching pain on his jaw. It seemed to get worse as he looked back to remember what happened. He opens his mouth to yell before he hears a familiar voice.

"Relax!" It says. Ethan's eyebrows knit together in anger. Octavia.

"Why didn't you fucking tell me?" He seethes, wincing at the pinch he felt.

"Tell you?" She asks in confusion. "I didn't know he was going to do it again."

"Again?" Ethan exclaims. "He's done it before? Why didn't you tell me that I was going to get my face carved off?"

Octavia groans angrily. "I didn't think it was going to happen Ethan, I told you already. Stop acting so childishly. He stuffed your goddamn jaw with cotton to make you look like ken!" She says, raising her voice. "The least you could do is actually seem grateful."

"I'm not grateful for shit." Ethan scoffs, narrowing his eyes.

"Oh my gosh." Octavia mumbles to herself, incredibly agitated. "I can't just pass you a rule book! I can't explain the freakin rules to you!" She roars, flailing her arms. "This isn't a game!"

"Maybe it is." Ethan says, emotionless.

Octavia takes a deep breath, fisting her hands. "You're an idiot! This isn't a fucking game! We've been kidnapped and we're going to die!" She screams, cheeks red with anger.

"What did you say?" A deep voice asks from behind her.

Octavia's face immediately pales. "S-Sorry, I didn't-"

"Come with me please." The man says plainly, not a shred of emotion in his voice.

Octavia closes her eyes sadly, walking out of the room behind him, her features hinting she was nothing but scared.

Honestly, Ethan couldn't help but feel scared too.

__
__

Ethan waited in that exact same position looking up to the stove top clock. He was sitting for approximately 50 minutes until he heard quiet, slow footsteps.

Ethan leaned over, trying to see if it was Octavia.

It was.

A rush of relief flew through him as he smiled with a sigh.
She was difficult but he didn't want her to die either.

"Octavia!" He calls, looking over at her expectantly.

She didn't answer. She didn't look up to acknowledge him. She didn't smile back. Just continued walking to the stair case before walking up the stairs. A creaking sound followed as she moved up the stairs.

Ethan furrowed his brows in confusion, scrabbling out of his seat behind him and up to her.

"Yo, Octavia." He repeats behind her again.

She ignores him and continues to slowly walk upwards. Not a word escaping her mouth.

He hums angrily to himself. "I still don't think I did anything wrong. I don't see how you're ignoring me."

She doesn't answer.

"Fine." Ethan mumbles to himself, walking up with her into her room. "Their" room, as the man called it.

Octavia pulled back the sheets and stepped into the bed, hiding her head under them.

Ethan rolled his eyes, mumbling "drama queen." To himself before he placed pillows as a partition between their sides. He pulled the soft duvet up, falling asleep immediately.