05|Vladimir Smearnove

[And.. I'm gone. It was fun while it lasted. I haven't updated it a while either, my bad.]

My heart beat settles as Jake gave it up. He sighs and tells me, "Whatever."

I look down and never say anything else. That was way too close.

I steer into my hell room, previously called a classroom, but changed to hell room after mysteriously getting tackled by a guard and dying in this very room a couple months back after school.

My load is toppled with a bit of bullies. I could use them as bullseyes, but then I might be killed twice that day, and I am not up for it.

I look down, glaring at the floor as if it's been making me weak enough to be not called Human. Which is ironic, pavement is the very thing that got me into this mess. Maybe I should glare at the concrete for an hour and see if it blows up.

Someone bangs their fists on my desk as I sit and I finally look up at them. It's, of course, Salman Bax, my rival.

I sigh and look away as he bangs again.

"Hey," he barks. "We're go a talk, just simple.. nothing bad. But I need you to do my a favour." His expression softens as he frowns slightly, looking down.

I give him a small questioning glance then look away immediately after.

"I have something to do as I'm supposed to take the new kid around school tomorrow, and if I don't do it, I'm expelled for disobeying stuff or whatever." He made a little comment, "Stupid, I know."

I sigh, because no, not really. Salman always got in trouble and he once beat up a kid for calling him "Sal-Man" which was kinda funny for the reason, but I still felt sympathy for the kid. He's still terrified of Salman and won't even say his name in doubt that he won't mess it up again.

"So will you help me?" He asks, snapping me from my thoughts.

I give him an unimpressed look and clear my throat. "Why should I help you? You probably should've expelled years ago, in Freshman Year when he mispronounced your name."

He chuckled, shaking his head. "Lloyd, Lloyd, Lloyd," he tsked. "You kind of.. need to do this, to save your life kind of." I glance at him again, but now with uncertainty. "Because you know.. it'd be a shame if someone - oh, I dunno - had to die more than once and-"

I clasp a hand over his mouth, pulling him close. "Who told you that?" I growl, glad it at him dangerously.

I could feel his lips curl up into a smirk as he starts to take my hand away to speak. "His name is Vladislav Smirnov and meet us in first period."

I blink at the name and he starts to his seat. I start to ask who has such a name as Vladislav Smirnov, but I guess they were foreign.

I sigh, looking down as the bell rings and people shuffle to desks. People move as if we're at a Holiday Reunion; speaking to one another and sitting in hordes of four, five people each.

Class begins and I shulk down in my seat. This is gonna be a great week for me.

Heading to first period, I almost feel shy. Meeting new people was bad enough, meeting new people with weird names were worse.

What if they don't like me and go with the popular group? Or start to bully me for being a 'criminal'? So many things could go wrong with this new guy.

I steer into the classroom and there stands Salman and who I'm guessing is the new guy, Vladimir Smearnove or something like that. I give the guy a sideways smile of nervousness as I come over and he was the first to notice, and Salman jumps when I say hello.

"Geez, you freaking magician!" He snaps, settling as he sees it's me and only me. He wipes off some dust or some ketchup since I believe I saw him eating some McDonald's.

I sigh and glance at Vladi the Vampi over there.

He has super pale skin, midnight black hair with dark sea blue eyes. He's tall and wearing all black, talk about an emo foreigner. His hair isn't that bad, it's to his shoulder and slick to the touch I'm guessing. It's not pulled back like I presume it usually is, but he has a that medieval, vampire "blah, blah, blah" moji going off. He seems eerie too, like he doesn't want to be here. Then he finally speaks:

"S'up?" He asks with a deep, controlled voice as I rub the back of my neck awkwardly.

"The sky?" I guess, shrugging and sucking in whatever air is around me that hasn't drifted away from Vladislave with his droopy attitude and appearance.

He shrugs, seeing my point and I look at Salman to help.

He sighs, knowing he, too, owes me some type of explanation and also noticing how awkward it is. "Vladislav, this is Lloyd Fisher, and since I can't exactly show you around. Lloyd, this is Vladislav Smirnov, he's Russian, not Slavic, even if it sounds like he's a Slav by his name."

I nod slowly and hold out my hand to Vladislav. He takes it and his hand is cold to the touch. I'm tempted to jerk away as he might have stuck his hand in the freezer for an hour before he left for school.

I swallow down the temptation and smile kindly at him. "Do you have your schedule?" I ask, ignoring Salman waving and telling me to have fun.

Vladislav stares at me for a second, making me think he's planning my death. Too bad for him, my death has already been planned today.

"No," he says finally. "I remember it though. This is my first class."

I was ready to say duh as the teacher came in and I told him the rules real quick before sitting down.

He finds a seat, relatively close to mine; right behind me. He clears his throat as the teacher begins speaking.

"We have a new student today," Ms. Rei tells us all. "He's from Russia and came down here for the first time. He may be nervous, or scared, but don't be mean. His name is Viodislav Smirno."

There's a few laughs and I raise my hand, a frown tugging on my lips. "It's Vladislav Smirnov, actually, and no, he's not Slavic."

People start muttering and whispering to one another. I roll my eyes and a girl shouts out, "Does he do the Slav squat? Or wear Adidas?"

I glare at them but hear a small chuckle come from behind me. "I don't. But maybe I should, if you'd like." He gives a smirk and his vampire popsicle vibe turns into a bad boy, player, popular vampire vibe. Oh God.

Some girl giggles and I look back at the teacher. I'm the only one paying attention.

Rei gives me a small smile before slamming a ruler against her desk. "Well, there you go. Would Vladislac like to say anything?"

I'm about to facepalm but I'm stopped by Vladislav standing and nodding his head.

"My name is Vladislav, bit you can call me Vlad or Slav, it doesn't matter, just no one ever remembers my name, so just use a nickname, it's easier. I recently moved from Russia with my two fathers and they claim that if any of you judge me for having gay parents, that they'll gladly report you for verbal harassment, it is a free country after all."

It's my turn to chuckle as people quiet down. They didn't think someone would be so open to such parents, but I was since Jack and claims he's gonna adopt with his boyfriend or husband.

Rei clears her throat, standing there awkwardly. She's about to say something as a guy hollers out, "Are you gay?"

**

So sorry about not updating in a while, I've been busy and had Writer's Block. I know it's no excuse, but school is getting near an end and exams just finished. I only have one or two weeks till the school year ends. I believe I'll be updating more then, or maybe not..

But I'll start updating again. I'll update another chapter today hopefully, or tomorrow. Thanks for waiting.

Who likes Vladislav?

And I finally got the catalyst in! Yes!

*Please remember to vote, comment, share, and I N S P I R E*