Twenty-Three: Attacked

Start from the beginning

"Whoa." He muttered. A delicate hand reached between us and grabbed the file. I turned to find Ava looking into each paper, going over each report. She nodded and closed the file before looking up with a smile.

"Can I tell him?" Elijah and I looked between each other, then back at her before nodding. She jumped happily before taking off from the room. We followed her quickly, Liana and Adrian trailing behind me.

We caught up to the two of them in the living room, Ava talking animatedly with Peter and he suddenly started shaking. He looked up at us for confirmation.

"She's your Luna, what she says goes." Elijah said, lifting his hands in surrender. The air left him in a rush and he looked at Ava glassy eyed before lifting her up in a hug, twirling her around.

"Hey, hey, hey." I said as I came up to them and pulled my Mate back into my arms.

"I'm sorry Alpha, this is just an extreme honor. Beta of the pack. Thank you so much!" he said. He bowed deeply.

"You're welcome, now don't disappoint us." Elijah said, and Peter shook his head fiercely.

"Never, Alpha." He said as he bowed once more, "Thank you so much." He said before turning and leaving the house, more than likely to tell his Mate of what had occurred. Ava turned in my arms then.

"What was that?" she asked.

"What, he was touching you, no male should touch you other than us." I said. She smiled then, a slow and sexy action that had my jeans uncomfortable instantly once more. Then she bit her bottom lip I groaned.

"What are you doing to me?" I asked her, and she winked before pulling away from me and heading out the door.

"Come on Liana." She said cheerfully, and Liana followed her, Adrian close behind. I looked to Elijah.

"Did you see that?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Usually she blushes and stutters her way out of a situation like that." Elijah said, then his eyes widened.

"What?" I asked.

"Her heat must be kicking in early." He said with a smile on his face. It made sense, but usually the heat started at least a week after marking.

"But how?" I asked.

"Think about it, she has two Marks on her, double the hormones, double the reaction time." Elijah said.

"That makes sense." I said.

"We'll have to watch after her extra." He said, and I nodded as we made our way to find her.

Ava

The air smelt odd, but it was too faint to worry as the crowd around the training circle appeared once more. Liana stood in the circle, stretching, a nervous wreck but still held a determined look on her face. David, one of our soldiers that I had chosen to fight with her was late and so I decided to warm up with her.

"Liana, combo attacks, go!" I said as I walked into the ring, swinging at her relentlessly. She dodged each one, counterattacking well. By the time we finished the prep training she was panting, and I felt the sweat rolling down my face.

"Much better, good job."

"Thank you Miss Lu-." She froze then, her eyes widening as she looked behind me. I turned. David stood there, his eyes wide as well. I looked between the two of them. The crowd 'ooohed' as whispers flew around the crowd.

"He turned twenty yesterday, so it makes sense, they haven't been in contact since the barbeque." Someone said to another person behind me. I smiled and stepped back, allowing them to meet each other in the middle of the training circle. David was slightly taller than Liana, with curly brown hair, a goatee, and a gentle spirit. They smiled at each other sweetly before he reached his hand out to her and she took it.

"Hi." He said as he smiled down at her. She smiled shyly then.

"Hey." She said. They leaned into each other, a kiss inevitable. Then I saw it. The shimmer of eyes reflected in the light crossed my vision before it charged from the forest.

"Get down!" I yelled as the black wolf leapt at the new Mates. I ran at them and threw my whole body at the wolf. The impact to my shoulder nearly dislocated it, the pain shooting through my body. The wolf flew across the forest floor and hit a tree hard. It didn't move again. I turned back to the pack to see David blocking Liana protectively, Elijah and Emilio coming towards me, worry evident on their face. Suddenly their eyes widened.

"Ava, duck!" I listened, reacting immediately as a wolf's paw sliced through the air where my neck was moments before. Emilio shifted and attacked that wolf and Elijah flew past me. I turned to see him shift and tear through the wolf that I had slammed into the tree. More Rogues entered from the tree line and the pack members that were watching the training charged into the fight, some shifting, some staying human. 

    One wolf looked at me in the eyes and charged me. I stood quickly, readyto attack it, but before it reached me it froze and yelped. It was then draggedbackwards by Peter's red wolf by the tail and pulled far away from me, beforePeter let it go and pounced on it. Moments later the wolves were dead, and my Matesand pack members had blood smeared across their face and bodies.    

One of the soldiers came to me.

"We couldn't stand to let our Luna get hurt again." He said as some of the other members nodded.

"Thank you." I said as I turned to my Mates

How the hell did nearly ten Rogues get this far into the pack? I asked them.

I'm not certain, but we're about to find out. Now. Was Elijah's response. Some of the pack soldiers were already picking up the remains of the other wolves as Elijah nudged me to follow him and Emilio home. I nodded, and we made our way back to the house quickly.

We needed to figure out why so many Rogues were able to cross our borders so easily.

-----------------

Okay okay, I kind of did this chapter pretty quickly and I feel like I could put more in, but i'll do that when I'm editing. 

What do you guys think? 

J. Vas